1. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I play World of Warcraft quite often these days. What I really miss is this game called Alley Cat (Wiki Article) by Synapse Software. That was one fun game. I also really loved Digger (Wiki article), but unfortunately I couldn't play that any more once my Dad acquired a 286, as the game's timing loop was dependent on the original IBM 8088 based PC's 4.77 MHz clock and it simply ran too fast to play on the 286. Luckily for me, Alley Cat didn't have this problem (timing loops in that game ran using actual time instead of clock ticks).

Comments on this post

• wiro-sableng agrees : How funny that little cat isn't... I like it either
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; October 27th, 2008 at 02:38 AM.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I love that alley cat..
    Do you notice that it has maximum of 9 lives when you play it..
    Too bad the program doesn't work well in today computer.
    I've try it on my.. and it doesn't outputing any sound and sometimes running so slow...
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by b3n
    Deus Ex
    Have you played Deus Ex multiplayer? If so, what is your alias? And if you haven't played Deus Ex onliline, I suggest you do
  7. Sarcky

Originally Posted by Nanomech
    Have you played Deus Ex multiplayer? If so, what is your alias? And if you haven't played Deus Ex onliline, I suggest you do
    Since he said Deus Ex 3 years ago, I'm assuming he's talking about the original, which is definitely in my top 10 list.

Of the top of my head:
    Deus Ex (the first one, hated the second, haven't played the new one)
    Thief (the whole series, really, but 2 in particular)
    Mech Warrior (whole series again, specifically 3)
    X-Wing (whole series, specifically TIE Fighter and XWA)
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Homeworld
    Bioshock
    Oblivion
    Jedi Knight (whole series, Jedi Academy is probably the best, but I'm torn)
    Hitman (series, Blood Money being the best)
    Half-Life (HL2 has had game-ending bugs every time I've tried to play it, so I never actually finished it despite trying to 4 times)
    Portal
    Freespace 2 (best space sim I've ever played, including the X-Wing games)
    Neverwinter Nights
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. Type Cast Exception

I keep going back to Fallout (3 and New Vegas) and GTA IV when I get sick of my other games. Those two are definitely my most played. I like free roam games where I can do the missions or just fart around and shoot things, they suit me well. I got Infamous as a free game with the sony fiasco and enjoyed that, thinking about getting the newer one.

Neverwinter Nights was a good game, as was Half Life/2 but I just play PS3 games now.
    Last edited by medialint; September 1st, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  11. Sarcky

Fallout 3 was a good game, but I think it pales in comparison to Oblivion. Oblivion is just...epic. Not even in the ironic teenager "woah dude that was epic" kind of way, but actually a sweeping epic storyline that had you actually gathering an army and invading another dimension.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..

A friend bought me "Fallout New Vegas" for my birthday saying it was his favourite game of all time. I wasted 6 hours of my life on it thinking "it will get better soon, it must get better soon". It didn't. What a craptastic game. Sold it for £20 and bought Dantes Inferno and Vanquish which were both mint.

Knights of the Old Republic was a great series. Played them on my XBox 360 which meant I had to save every couple of minutes due to the constant game freezes but it was still worth it. Looking forward to the Old Republic mmo, was a bit upset I didn't get in on the beta but then I heard they would wipe all the stats when it went live anyhow which would of upset me even more ^_^

If you liked GTA IV did you ever get around to playing Red Dead Redemption? The single player is great, the Undead Nightmare addon is pretty lame though. Don't know how they could mess up wild west zombies but they did!

Mass Effect and its sequel are definitely in my top 10. Well I'd probably combine them to save a top 10 slot!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  15. Sarcky

Looking forward to the Old Republic mmo, was a bit upset I didn't get in on the beta
    Oh man me too. Bought a new machine for it when it was supposed to come out...2 years ago.

If you liked GTA IV did you ever get around to playing Red Dead Redemption?
    I loathe GTA4. I think it's a wonderful piece of "electronic entertainment" and a lousy "game." I've attempted to play it at least a dozen times because people won't shut up about it. The controls are terrible, it's hard to drive, it's impossible to walk accurately, and combat is either boring or stupid. I played Bully and it was nearly the same, but at least I could manage to finish Bully. I expect RDR to be the same as GTA4 since RDR is basically "GTA - Wild West."

Mass Effect and its sequel are definitely in my top 10
    I'm an obsessive completionist. I got about 2/3 through Mass Effect and realized that at least half my play time was tediously slogging through the bonus missions and combing every planet I came across for rare items. I need to stop doing that and actually finish the game, because when I'm playing the "game" bit I actually really enjoy it.

17. Type Cast Exception

Fallout, GTA ... I guess you either love them or hate them. I find driving in GTA is rather fun, sure I can't go more than a few blocks without smashing into something unless I drive slowly but sometimes I just drive around hitting things (or pedestrians) on purpose. Once you unlock the middle island you can steal a turismo from the shop near your safehouse and pretty much always have a nice car if you want one (of course you can get them with cheats too if you care to). I didn't find RDR too much like GTA at all. You're on a horse, and going around randomly shooting people isn't going to fly like it does in GTA and the whole story line is different. OTOH I didn't find it had the same replay value for me. Some of the missions in GTA are really hard but I found the second time through some of them like Three Leaf Clover became my favorite missions of all.

I had a $20 amazon credit to redeem so I've never played Oblivion I ordered it for basically free with my credit so plan to check that out over the three day.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  19. No Profile Picture

I did the 100% thing in Mass Effect 1. The worst part was having to drive over every inch of every planet in that crappy bouncy Maco. So I totally nailed it and then the next week my XBox 360 was stolen. At the time I was like "at least I finished it", then they released #2 and I realised that I would be unable to import my previous character. Well annoying. Now you can download an addon that lets you pick the path you reckon your previous Sheppard would of chosen. Going to play #2 again before 3 comes out.

Red Dead Redemption was great, I had no problem controlling my character on foot or on hoof ^_^ Ha, there is no replay value in Red Dead since the story is pretty linear. I didn't find multiplayer that good, doesn't matter what multiplayer mode you choose it usually comes down to you vs ten 12 year olds in deathmatch! Should definitely get the demo and give it a go to see for yeself.
  21. Sarcky

I find driving in GTA is rather fun, sure I can't go more than a few blocks without smashing into something unless I drive slowly but sometimes I just drive around hitting things (or pedestrians) on purpose. Once you unlock the middle island you can steal a turismo from the shop near your safehouse and pretty much always have a nice car if you want one (of course you can get them with cheats too if you care to).
    See. when I drive it's because I want to go somewhere. You can't actually get to where you're going without smashing into a light post or having a taxi suddenly decide it really really needs to be smashed up against the divider right in my damn way. It makes "go here and do this" missions difficult, especially if "this" is chasing someone through the city. It's nearly impossible to turn accurately, which is made all the more frustrating by the fact that the AI can corner on a dime and the controls are organized such that attempting to steer will sometimes cause the camera to zoom up underneath the car. Whoever decided that "move the camera" and "control the vehicle" should be the same stick needs to be beaten with a crowbar.

I'm not all that thrilled about the new releases. I haven't bought mass effect 2, portal 2, deus ex 3...maybe I'll play deus ex 3 when the price comes down. I have a gift card to gamestop but I can't use it for deus ex apparently. Maybe I'll pick up a stack of games from the bargain bin. Last time I did that I got Prey, Darkness, and Eternal Sonata for $12 total. Fantastic bargain for three decent games.

-Dan

23. No Profile Picture

Oh man, you are totally missing out by not playing Mass Effect 2. If you see it cheap then totally add it to your stack. You get to bang two chicks in this one! FWAAAA!
  25. Sarcky

You get to bang two chicks in this one!
    I can do that IRL, I don't need to buy a game ;-)

27. No Profile Picture

it's less messy ^_^
  29. No Profile Picture

call of duty or pacman

call of duty or pacman
    i love them both

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo