1. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What's hot to trot this weather in the land of tech?

Just wondering is anyone excited by recent, or not so recent tech offerings, be it I-pads, Androids, OS, webserver or whatever ...

Been away for a while, the ads got to me, just wondering what I've missed ...

Comments on this post

• jamespayne agrees : Welcome back!
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kinda totally not related, but a podcast I am currently loving is - http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/Main.html

There is some really good voice acting, and 33 episodes as of right now.

The latest tech announcement that I have heard lots of people going on about is the 'surface' that Microsoft announced. I have two ipads so I wouldnt be going that direction when it comes out, and WinRT sounds a bit crazy for early adopters.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Axweildr
    Been away for a while, the ads got to me, just wondering what I've missed ...
    You're not the only one.

I'm pretty excited about Lenovo's Thinkpad X1 Carbon, which is supposed to come out sometime this summer, and Asus's Zenbook UX31A, which apparently was just made available, but I haven't figured out how to get one. The Thinkpad T43p I'm typing this on is almost seven years old and is overdue for replacement. In fact, I've already replaced the fan and the screen, and now the replacement fan sounds like it's near the end of its life.

I'm not really a tablet guy, but the Vivaldi tablet is pretty interesting. It will ship with honest-to-goodness GNU/Linux/KDE installed, but the hardware is unlocked, so you'd be able to replace it with your OS of choice. Like I said, I'm not a tablet person, so I don't know if the specs are up to snuff, but it's something to keep an eye on.
  7. Banned (not really)

A Google tablet for $199 has got my interest. I haven't done any research on it, though.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

I've been thinking about getting either Roku 2 XS or WD TV Live streaming media players.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  11. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    I've been thinking about getting either Roku 2 XS or WD TV Live streaming media players.
    Actually, I've kinda been debating which one of those to get, too. Living in Belgium means we get most of our American TV via torrents, so having a box that'll play them with an easy interface is something on my list. WD plays almost any format, but the Roku has some nice additional apps.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo