Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Anybody workout?

I used to be really into lifting when I played sports. Ever since my concussions led the doctors to not sign my card, I haven't been working out much lately because my job is basically phyical labor and a workout (Christmas tree farm).

I used to do powerlifting and my best stats were:
    Bodyweight: 180
    Bench: 210
    Squat:310
    Deadlift: 345
    Hang clean: 170

So do you guys workout and if you do what are your stats?
  3. Ruler of the Universe & Canada
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Me? Work out? I would fall unconsious in the first five minutes of the mile run!

Just kidding. My legs are the whole concentration of muscle. I can barely lift my legs with my arms. Both of them. It's really sad.

I've got this giant muscle bulge right under my knee but a bit above my ankle. And I've got some hard bone there. That's because I've run all my life .

My arms are little scrawny things that barely can move themselves. My head muscles (neck?) are stronger than my arms in fact. Which is sad. But I simply don't need that kind of muscle, you know?

But I am healthy. Very healthy. Teeth are perfectly aligned, hands are perfectly functional (and responsive), and I've never broken a single bone. Seriously, I've been in a car accident (car rolled over two times, smashed to bits, hit a tree..ended with two scratches), I've fallen out of trees, I've had large objects fall on me (televisions, entertainment centers, computers, computer desks, chairs, and tables), I've fallen over my own feet countless times, and yet not a single injured (or even sprained!) bone in my whole body. Ever. Though last year on a DC trip, I sprained my ankle. 2 days of pure pain (couldn't even get into bed without a groan). I slipped on a metal vent after it had rained near the holocost museum (Seriously, if you are in DC, and you go there, and it has rained, DON'T RUN DOWN THE SIDEWALK. It hurts horribly, and even if you drink a hundred cartons of milk a day, you WILL sprain some bone.) My ankle twisted a way it shouldn't of. The people around me said "Oooo." You know, like "That's got of hurt" ooo. I got up and said "I'm good, metal bars and rain can break my bones but not my need to run faster." I ran back to the group I was travelling with. 2 hours later, I was almost unable to walk it was so painful. I missed a few memorials, but I stayed out of the rain and cold. That was a crappy week to think of it. It was raining the whole time, except when I was near the White House.

So..No, I don't work out. And never have. And never plan to. And never want to. And I have enough addrenline to run the hell away from a mugger or something.
    Start a revolution
    I need a girl who loves me for my money, but doesn't understand Math.
  5. Lounge Troll

I'm kinda accostomed to pain. I would jam my fingers all the time in football (even pop warner), constantly get stepped on and smashed into, got beat in the head with fights at school (elementary), sprained my ankle in football, broke both bones in my left arm in wrestling, 3 concussions in a period of about 2.5 months last yesr in football and wrestling. Remember the head is a very weak thing. Get out of the game. I got up after the big hit and called the next play.
  7. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hey cody_e,

Those are pretty good stats, especially as you were only 15 at the time ! I used to work out quite a lot until I injured my shoulder playing football (or soccer as it's called in the US !), although it's getting better, don't want to rush back into anything incase of serious injury. I just keep doing reps at 100kg flat bench as that doesn't hurt it. Pity, was up at 150kg a few months back !!

Don't think I'll be playing football again tho, getting too old for it anyway methinks !!
  9. No Profile Picture
    what do I know about diamonds?
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

heh, i used to work out, lots, for Judo, but then i separated my right shoulder, and then was busy with work, then dislocated my hip, then busy with school... i'm sure you all know how it is oh and i forgot tore a tendon in my left knee and a stress fracture on my left um forget what the bone is called but right below my knee haha(ya, i didn't pay attention in school).

11. Lounge Troll

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Hey cody_e,

Those are pretty good stats, especially as you were only 15 at the time ! I used to work out quite a lot until I injured my shoulder playing football (or soccer as it's called in the US !), although it's getting better, don't want to rush back into anything incase of serious injury. I just keep doing reps at 100kg flat bench as that doesn't hurt it. Pity, was up at 150kg a few months back !!

Don't think I'll be playing football again tho, getting too old for it anyway methinks !!
    I can thank my dad for getting me a weight bench on my 12th b-day. I begged and begged and begged for one and then he finally got me one. I got addicted to it and kept training for football. Then I used to play basketball in 5th and 6th grade but the only thing I was good at was stealing the ball so I decided to go out for wrestling. Let me tell you alll those push-ups in wrestling really up your bench. COmbat conditioning is awesome. I got to get back to lifting again since I'm getting kinda fat just studying. I just hate it screwing with my schedule since I have to lots of studying at night.
  13. Providing fuel for space ships

Pretty sure you could maybe squeeze in about 45mins to an hour every night at the gym if you wanted to. I used to do about an hour of serious training practically every night doing different body parts each night and then a run. Can imagine it being a pretty heave schedule with studying but you no think it would be a welcome break !?!? I know I hated it, in both High School and College !!!
  15. Lounge Troll

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Pretty sure you could maybe squeeze in about 45mins to an hour every night at the gym if you wanted to. I used to do about an hour of serious training practically every night doing different body parts each night and then a run. Can imagine it being a pretty heave schedule with studying but you no think it would be a welcome break !?!? I know I hated it, in both High School and College !!!
    The thing is I live like 12 miles from my school. I don't have my licesne yet so I have tio wait until my mom gets done with work. That makes it so I usually get home at like 5-6. I usually like to start my homework right away. I might do some kind of working out at home but right now I see my job of working on a Christmass tree farm good enough workout because we are havesting trees which requires thrwoing and dragging them.
  17. No Profile Picture
    tony

you really shouldnt be doing weights at 15 your body isnt ready for them..i trained to be a personal trainer

Bodyweight: 56kg which is about 130lbs??
    Bench: 170
    Squat:310

i dont do the other 2

i run a mile in 5mins-ish

i leg press 310lbs

i prefer to be toned as opposed to muscly i asked all my female mates all except 1 said toned so i went with the majority
  19. Lounge Troll

Originally Posted by tony84
    you really shouldnt be doing weights at 15 your body isnt ready for them..i trained to be a personal trainer
    Why not. Everyone lifts now if they play sports. Some more than other. When I played sports I was always in the weight room. You just have to lift smart otherwise you'll hurt yourself.
  21. No Profile Picture
    what do I know about diamonds?

Originally Posted by cody_e
    Why not. Everyone lifts now if they play sports. Some more than other. When I played sports I was always in the weight room. You just have to lift smart otherwise you'll hurt yourself.
    nah, he had a good point, you should'nt be lifting weights till your at least 17-18, your still growing and stuff so lifting weights can be detrimental to your growth and stuff

23. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by pumpkin head
    nah, he had a good point, you should'nt be lifting weights till your at least 17-18, your still growing and stuff so lifting weights can be detrimental to your growth and stuff
    yep that's what I've always hear
    some isn't bad it's when you get into heavy lifting, if you are just doing it to get toned I think it's different then if you are trying to get big
  25. Type Cast Exception

I get aerobic exercise daily just by not owning a motor vehicle!
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  27. Crypto-Con

I don't "work out" in the true sense of the word, I just play basketball alot....

I do do some leg workouts occationally, so I can maintain my dunking ability
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  29. finding balance
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ride that train of thought out all the way. See where it takes you. Then, think about if that's where you want to be.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo