1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help, with a project?

Hello, my name is James Dasher. I have a project going that I have been working on getting going for a while now and have not been able to because my skill set does not contain everything necessary :-) Here is the jist of the project.

Name: Teens Succeed (http://www.teenssucceed.com)

Slogan: Helping teens realize & utilize their full potential...

Idea Layout: The site is in the form of a Portal/Community for teens. Are basis is that we plan on providing training in skills like leadership, communication, finance, etc. skills that will provide them with the opportunity to become a entrepreneur and ultimately a better person. You can see the layout (as far as it is now) at this link, http://www.teenssucceed.com. I am building the site around the same software that powers this forum. Here is what I need...while I can take care of layout and design (to a point :-)). I do not know PHP/MySQL enough (pretty much not at all) to do what needs to be done on the backend of this site. I have a volunteer who is helping me now, but his workload is to great to really get anything done.

What I Need: So if possible I need someone who likes the sound idea (feel free to contact me for more information) and know PHP/MySQL to help me layout the site, if I gain a profit in the future we can work out some kind of payment but I am doing this out of my own pocket right now (which is pretty limited :-)) $160 for vBulletin was enough in itself. If you like the idea or would like more information contact me via:

Email: jamesdasher@dashermarketing.com
    AIM: jamesdasher (I have had trouble with people on AIM and have some weird settings, if you use AIM please email me and tell me your SN and I will add you, you can't talk with me until I do)
    MSN: jamesdasher@wwdb.org

Thanks in advance,

James Dasher

P.S. If you like this idea, but your skills aren't in PHP/MySQL but in other things, fill free to contact me as well, we can probably find something for you to do.
  3. No Profile Picture

I don't know much php, however I know a lot of Perl/CGI. I would be able to help with either the design or backend of the site (but only if in perl/cgi). If you would consider switching from php to perl, just send me an email.
  5. No Profile Picture

Sorry...

Hi, the software I use for the community part of the site (vBulletin) http://www.vbulletin.com is developed in PHP/MySQL to combine everything, and to continue on the route planned it is pretty much impossibly to switch to PERL/CGI now. Though if you want to contact me I think I can use your help in design in the future.

Sincerely,

James Dasher

P.S. I have added you to my AIM list...if you wish we can talk there sometime.
  7. No Profile Picture

Well...if you REALLY wanted to do it (i'm just throwing this out there...please don't kill me for it), you could switch to a different BB. But I could understand you not wanting to do that...

However, if I am of no use in the programming part of it, I would love to help with the design. We can talk more about this via email or aim if you would like.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo