1. Rut row Raggy!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Question Need audio/video encoding & editing software

I am in great need of a good audio and video capturing/editing program. I've downloaded several programs (demos and freeware), but none of the work or do what I want. I need something that will allow me to capture from any source (tape and CD) and edit it so I only get the part I want. I also need fade-in and fade-out features. And it needs to be easy to use, I've downloaded a few that so many directions on how to do something simple, I deleted them fast than I installed them. If there's a program that can do all that for less than $100, I'm willing to overlook the free ones. In video, I need the same features, as well as being able to add text and graphics. Does anyone know of such a program? If you do, please let me know...I really need one!! Thanks!!
    Matt
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't know how much it is, but you should get Sound Forge.
  5. Rut row Raggy!

Sound Forge doesn't work

I downloaded the one I could afford, XP...and it doesn't work. The demo doesn't allow you to save anything (so I can see how they work in other formats) and when I try to listen to the CD to find the part of the song I want, my computer locks up and I have to shut down the program. There's also no sound. I know it's not my computer b/c I can listen to the CD w/Windows Media player just fine.

So I'm still looking...and it would be nice if the program could encode more than one song on a CD at a time (not the whole CD)...but I can live w/out that feature, as long as it's a working program w/encoding and editing features.
    Matt

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo