1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Putting a Game on CD

Hi

Basically I've made a game in flash and having been trying to put it on a cd, but I've never put anything I've made on a cd before and have some questions.

1) Is there anyway to hide all the files except for help documents, the executable, and the autostart?

2) Is there anyway to prevent windows from opening the "media" dialogue after finding the audio files used in the game

3) Is there still no way to burn a cd to autostart on mac and pc without doing it from a mac.

Thanks
  3. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Moving this to the Lounge, it's game related but you'll get better answers there
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

@question1: As much as I know, in flash you can embed your media files inside the .wf file itself!

However I do not believe you can hide the content! if it was possible, I think several game manufecturers would have used it to prevent their games content from being copied!

Regards,
    Sim085
  7. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

one option would be to encrypt your files, and decrypt them as part of the game start

He says this, but, theres also this
    Last edited by Axweildr; February 23rd, 2007 at 07:21 AM.
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  9. Prisoner of the Sun

MDM Zinc is perfect for what you want. It can do all kinds of awesome things. It let's you interact with the OS (cross-platform). Auto-running cds are no problem either.

You have to pay for it but it's damn cheap considering what it can do. It's currently 149 / $299 (you can download a free trial)

It's very easy to decompile a SWF, but your game should be published as an .exe file anyway. Because then the computer it is run on wont need the Flash player installed.

Comments on this post

• Papashvili agrees
    Last edited by b3n; March 5th, 2007 at 10:42 AM.
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo