1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Domain: rpmfetcher.org

I am willing to give the domain rpmfetcher.org to someone who will use it with a free software project.

Comments on this post

• gimp agrees : Generous
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'd take you up on that but I'm going to register one that makes a bit more sense for my projects.

Comments on this post

• sizablegrin agrees : It doesn't exactly fit my agenda, either, but it's tempting, neh?
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

mhhh. no incoming links, no content, not listed on archive.org - sorry, this domain isn't worth any more than the regular fee on godaddy (or whichever registrar is cheapest atm) - $9,99

If you think it may get any typeins, put it up on sedo...

Comments on this post

• jabba_29 agrees : Where have you been hiding?
  7. Crypto-Con

Originally Posted by M.Hirsch
    mhhh. no incoming links, no content, not listed on archive.org - sorry, this domain isn't worth any more than the regular fee on godaddy (or whichever registrar is cheapest atm) - $9,99

It's not about the website, it's about the domain name. (Based on the OP's phraseology, I don't think hosting and/or content is even a part of the deal.)
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  9. Null Pointer Exception
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by M.Hirsch

i disagree, to someone who is working on a project in which the phrase rpmfetcher applies to the project somehow, then this "worthless" domain could be very useful. Otherwise they will have to wait for the domain to expire, (which can take a long time). The only way to know if someone is in this position is to... well. ask.
  11. No Profile Picture

Yeah, let me clarify. I registered the domain name for my own project. But I'm abandoning my project before I even publicly announced it.

Now if someone else is developing a suitable similar project, especially free software licensed with the GPL, I would be willing to transfer it to them so they can use it and host it however they wish.

I kind of like the name, but I don't have anything useful to do with it. I'm hoping someone has a project that I approve of that I could help along with a good name. Otherwise, if they wait until it expires, they'll have to pay the hucksters.
  13. Contributing User

what else is rpm an acronym fer ... /me ponders ...
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  15. Paris est magique!

what else is rpm an acronym for
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rpm_%28disambiguation%29

* Revolutions per minute
    * Rassemblement pour le Mali, a political party in Mali
    * RPM International Inc, a chemical sealant company
    * RPM Package Manager, a software package manager
    * Les Mills International fitness program (RPM)
    * Raised pavement marker, on U.S. roads
    * Randle Patrick McMurphy, the protagonist of Ken Kesey's novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    * Raven's Progressive Matrices, a cognitive test
    * Rendezvous Pitch Maneuver, performed by a space shuttle
    * Resale price maintenance, in economics
    * Respiration (physiology), pulse (or perfusion), and mental status, a mnemonic used in triage
    * Revenue passenger mile, a measure of passenger traffic
    * Rounds per minute, used to quantify a weapon's rate of fire
    * Revolution Performance Motorsports, LLC, an automotive aftermarket performance parts retailer
    * Route Processing Module, (Cisco Term): A hardware routing application used to route layer 3 traffic across the internet. This module can be found in multiple Cisco product lines. (MGX 8800, MGX 8880, etc..)
    etienne:~ > %blow
    fg: %blow: no such job

There are 10 kind of people:
    - those who know binary
    - those who don't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo