1. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Booking System - Cross Season booking question

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to design a booking system and have hit a bit of a wall and need some advice!

Right I am creating a booking system which allows our users to split each year into their own seasons (High / Low etc).

I've cracked this no worries however as part of the site functionality potential customers wil be visiting the site looking for a quote on the price.

So without any experience in this market I am wondering how other companies etc deal with bookings that cover both seasons

e.g. if peak season run April - end of August and low season ran Beginning of sept - December

and a customer tries to book August 15th -> Sept 15th

So what price bracket would it fall under? Or would i have to give the owner the option to pick how this scenario is resolved?

I dont want to split the booking into half peak and half low season

Any ideas / suggestions would be great!

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you're not going to allow the booking to be split, then make the owner decide. If you make a decision one way or the other then you will have half of your advertisers telling you that you have done it wrong.

Personally, I'd offer all three options: entire booking at high rate, entire booking at low rate, or split booking rate. In these sort of cases it's best to give your users more control so that they can match your system to what they currently do with their own internal systems. If you can't give them what they need, they'll go to somewhere that can.
  5. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

thanks for coming back to me! I spent another 4-5 hours last night going over the issue in my head and worked out a way to split the pricing effectively.
    I like the idea though that you mention to offer the 3 options. Definitely something I will include. Your right the more flexibility the user has the better.

thanks again

ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo