1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Virus on this site.

OK, I understand you need to have ads on this site to make money and keep it running but I just clicked on The "HTML" forum and was redriected to http://getit82.co.cc/index/index.php and a virus started loading... I don't know what ad caused it but this has happened twice on this forum.

I was using adbrite on my sites at one time until I found this problem was happening with their ads so I removed all the adbrite links and now us googleads and no problems so far.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I notified the site admins and they found no virus on the ad servers, and there isn't much being reported in the tech news about an ad network infection. Probably a coincidence and you already had a virus on your machine.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

It was only when I went to the "HTML" page and it happened 2 times. I have active anti-virus software and ran a scan after I went to that page and no virus on my computer (I stopped the virus before it loaded on my computer) and don't have any problems with any other sites or even any other pages on this site. Like I said, it could have been in one of the ads on the site, I've had this problem in the past with AdBrite ads on web sites.

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    I notified the site admins and they found no virus on the ad servers, and there isn't much being reported in the tech news about an ad network infection. Probably a coincidence and you already had a virus on your machine.
  7. No Profile Picture

Ok, that doesn't mean it's a virus. It is just some bad ad coding.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo