Thread: C or C++??

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

C or C++??

Hello Guys,

According to you guys, Which language is much easy C or C++?? For me, C is much difficult rather then C++.....I think C++ more easy language...What do you think guys????
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'd think the question by now should be C++, Java or C#? But if you're looking for easy there's always javascript, and it's pretty hard to do any damage with it.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. Back after 2 years!
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

"Easy" is very subjective. Are you asking which one is easier to learn? To use? To decompile? To contribute to open source projects?

They both have their advantages and disadvantages.
  7. Sarcky

If you're looking for a language that's easy to learn, then look at languages like LOGO, which is taught to children. Easy to get started with, try VBA, you can run it right inside of excel. Easy to make an "application" with, try PHP.

Define Easy.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

c# or java or vb.net

are imo the easiest to get started with programming
  11. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Since you asked specifically about C and C++, I'll answer that question. C++ is as easy to learn as C but there's more to learn so it might take a while longer to get really proficient.

C++ will make the design of solutions MUCH easier.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  13. No Profile Picture

C is the basic language,where as C++ is an advanced to C.All people like the extended version of the language,because it provide more facilities which are not in previous version.
    C is easy,but lines for coding take more than C++.
  15. No Profile Picture

For beginner, C language is the best step entry to programming world. In fact, most of my friends start learning from C, then other languages.

Comments on this post

• DaWei_M disagrees : Bullcrap
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They both have their merits, I would not say either were easy to learn more that when you get the hang of C++ you tend to look down on C and when you get the hang of C and start on C++ you realize that C has many short comings, I found the exceptions and templates to be a boon in C++ while in C I ended up having a deep loathing for the printf function, and the file handling in C leaves a lot to be desired. Still if you learn C, learning C++ is easier to get the hang of.
  19. No Profile Picture

c is the basic language and c++ is implemented by c language. so c language is the basic language
  21. Sarcky

I'm closing this thread because it seems to be use for spammers and idiots. OP, if you're still here, DaWei is the authority on the C languages, listen to him. C++ is my recommendation as well if you must choose between those two languages.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo