1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Charles Etienne - Sound Design

Hello All,

Not sure if this is an appropriate post for the category, but I figure it was worth a shot. I'm a composer and musician. I've created original music for video games in the past. I'm interested in finding new projects. Here are some samples. I can make all kinds of music and sound design. I am able to make effect noises in addition to music.

etiennemusic.webs.com

Charles.

P.S. Yes I work for free, provided I retain ownership of the copyright in the master and the underline musical composition.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I've been considering making a tower defense game for Android. I've played a few of the existing tower defense games on the Android market, but all of the ones I've found are essentially just demos of paid games, and I have no interest in paying anything for a game that I'll play maybe 30 minutes a month at most. The most annoying part is that they are allowed to advertise these demos as free games.

The idea is that this would be a totally free game, no advertisements, no "DLC", no paid version. It would have no revenue stream at all, ever, so everyone contributing to it would be doing so simply because they enjoy making their contribution. Obviously those who contribute would be clearly credited for their work.

To be honest I have no idea how copyright and licensing works with music composition. The only thing I would have to ask is that the game be allowed to use contributed music or sound effects perpetually with no royalties or licensing fees. Since this would be purely for the enjoyment of the people playing the game there is absolutely no need for the game to have any sort of exclusive rights to the tracks; nor do I need any sort of legal rights to pursue copyright violations of the music.

I'm sort of just throwing this out there on a spur of the moment. I have been working on some proof of concept code for it, but I haven't actually committed to making this game yet; so I'm not asking for any sort of commitment right now. I'm just looking to gauge potential interest. Before diving in for real I would also have to find at least one graphics artist to produce visuals.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This sounds like my kind of project. I'll start working on some sounds this weekend. I should have something up by Monday.

Charles.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo