1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which language supports Penpads?

I understand that .NET has a library that supports the use of penpads also known as graphic tablets. I'm assuming c++ and java have the same thing. But what about web applications on a browser? Which languages or scripting language support the use of these tablets?

Thank you.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Well you're dealing with a specialized input device so typical web application development would not be applicable. You'll need something which embeds in the browser which can communicate with the device. The problem there is that nearly everyone in the world has this sort of thing disabled because that is one of the biggest security holes you can open yourself up to and convincing people to open that door to your application isn't going to be an easy sell. Also it will be limited to a specific platform (notably probably only Windows).

Unless the tablet can send typical mouse or keyboard commands, in which case you'd just use the standard mouse/key events.
    Last edited by medialint; January 17th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thank you for the reply. Can you please elaborate on the security problem? Is there an article or any kind of resource that I can read to better understand this to the very specific detail?
    Also, can you show me some links regarding how to find out if my tablet can send mouse commands such that hte security hole you mentioned is no longer an issue?

Thank you!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo