1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Software to track employees

We have developed this program in two years. it is completely non-profit project to monitor employees in the office. a complete description & screenshots is available on our website: extraspy.com

Please help us to test our program. You can install the client and server on your local computer. Setup file: extraspy.com/EmployeeMonitor.zip

Does it work? websites and software displayed correctly? remote computer snapshots?
    If yes, do you have any suggestions how to improve the program?
    many thanks for your help!!

p.s. dear moderator, please fix my links
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I'm just sorry that someone else flagged this as SPAM before I got to it.

First things first... In most "western" countries depending on the federal or local laws, it's illegal to use this sort of monitoring software. It's all about the employees right to privacy, and yes that is relevant even in the workplace like this.

Just as a thought... If you can't trust your employees enough to let them make their own decisions like this, should you really be employing them in the first place?
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    I'm just sorry that someone else flagged this as SPAM before I got to it.

First things first... In most "western" countries depending on the federal or local laws, it's illegal to use this sort of monitoring software. It's all about the employees right to privacy, and yes that is relevant even in the workplace like this.

Just as a thought... If you can't trust your employees enough to let them make their own decisions like this, should you really be employing them in the first place?
    Actually it goes beyond the privacy of the employee in question. The (monitored) employee might have a business need to know to view medical, tax information (including TIN/SSN) and other such extremely sensitive data which the person monitoring that monitored person does not have. Therefore, for starters, you could inadvertently be violating HIPAA and other similar nasty legal pitfalls.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Very true medialint. In Australia we don't have HIPAA as that's a US legislation, but we have a lot of very similar laws that govern things like that as well.
  9. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could also accidentally view confidential personal information about the employee. If you allow personal email or websites during breaks, and the employee posts that they're gay, atheist, pregnant, or any other protected minority, you can't fire them after that.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'd be uncomfortable working in a place where I was being monitored. Managers shouldn't have to micromanage. Work shouldn't be like babysitting for them

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo