1. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

TV Ads for Internet Explorer

Have you guys seen the recent TV ads for IE? I'm wondering whether they made them more for the reason of getting people to upgrade from older versions of IE or more in response to ads for Chrome. Thoughts?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I haven't seen those "Down Under" here yet, but it wouldn't be a shock. I saw yesterday that Chrome is supposed to have taken over form IE as the leading browser. If that's the case, then Microsoft must be extremely worried. bad enough that their software gets enough detractors, but now they can't get people to use their free products.
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't have TV, so I've only seen one (at a friend's house). I thought it was hilarious.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. Person
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I didn't see the ad, however, I think it's a little bit late for ie. They purposely refused to comply to web standards because of their dominance, and got cocky down the road. Now people are getting smarter, and are using better (and faster in chrome's case) browsers. Most likely, it's a last ditch effort to try to get more people using their browser again, since they see the decline in usage. The only thing Microsoft has left going for them is their operating system. And even that, is slowly wearing down.

But yeah, microsoft never does anything innovative, their products are usually a copied version that's something worse than the original.

All that said, it reminds me of a liquidation process, they are trying to salvage what they have left.
    Give Opera some love. Use it and you'll see why.

Oh, those monkeys.::What's wrong with the world today?::The lion king in 5 seconds.

My body is so sexy.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo