1. echo $usertitle['computer'];
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Project Tracking/Billing/ERP

Hi all,

I'm looking for a reccomendation for some simple software to manage a small business. It needs to be free, ideally php/web based but happy to accept other alternatives. The environment is multi-user but one one user will require access at a time.

The business is primarily providing a service but also includes supplying equipment alongside the service. So far I haven't been able to find everything I need, so far the closest I've had is "Desktop Billing and Tracking" template in Access 07, but this doesn't allow what's shown on the invoice to the customer to differ for what hours are billed on the project.

I need to be able to manage the following:
    - Create a project and assign it to a client (store clients details)
    - Setup a start/end date for the project
    - Add items to the project that will be billed to the client, selection should be made from a list of items such as "Consultant Fees", "Project Management Fees", "Equipment Charge"
    - These items should have a settable cost for each on the invoice
    - Add items to the project that are charged against the project, be it employee time, equipment purchase, expenses, etc.
    - Add when a project has been invoiced/paid/closed
    - Provide reports on each project such as % labour, % expenses, project profit, etc
    - Generate reports and invoices and allow me to print them

Any suggestions on what could help?

Thanks,
    computer
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

Did you took a look to Zoho Invoice and project management?

Regards
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

software recommendation

You could look into a business management solution that we're using. It's called Latitude, I recommend it as it fits your requirements.

It has modules on:
    Client-Project linking - wherein you enter client details like client info, contacts and create projects associated with the client.
    Project Tracking - where you can see status, start-end dates, tasks list, costing and timesheets for the project
    Equipment lists & costing
    Quotes and Invoices for clients/projects, ready to display and print
    Timesheets - set work type cost(hr/day/unit) and employees can enter project timesheets details with it
    Report Templates for timesheets, equipment, financial, graphs, etc. that you could use

It isn't free but it could be what you need.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo