Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Do you have pets?

So, I want to ask you members if anyone has any pets. Whatever it is (Well... imaginary ones and bricks may not be valid... so, no Mansion Foster stuff please ).

You can also attach pics, but let's be polite with both this server and others, try to avoid hotlinking or uploading big files. Just a small illustrative pic would fit this simple post.

Let me start:

- 2 Axolotl
    - 1 Salamander
    - 1 Guinea Pig
    - 1 Rabbit

Do you have pets?
  3. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hey there
    I have a few pets, some (8) fishies in the outside pond a kitty cat and a doggywog.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not currently not having any pet but planning to get a Dog Pet but don't know which breed to get.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by swapnil7
    Not currently not having any pet but planning to get a Dog Pet but don't know which breed to get.
    For years I had many boxer dogs. They're like kids forever.

You won't regret having one of them, believe me. They may break many things and are really playful with both kids and adults. Never hurted anyone in my family even thought they look like orcish beasts ha ha

Comments on this post

• badger_fruit agrees : Hahaha, 'orcish beasts' that's great!!!!
  9. Confused badger

My dog's a whippet, he's totally awesome and gets so excited over the smallest thing ... there are some 'older ladies' who walk their dogs on the field where we take Jakedog (that's his name, he's a rescue dog and was called Jake when we took him in - we also have a son called Jake so we have had to call the dog Jake-dog and the boy Jake-boy ... not that either of them come when we call them ....)

Anyway, I digress, these women love to see him run, he runs a full length UK football pitch in about 5 seconds flat! I have noticed though that he only really likes dogs that are smaller than himself, I guess it's because they've only got short legs and he can outrun them more easily?

Sorry admins, I couldn't resist posting this piccy!
    Last edited by badger_fruit; October 25th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  11. Put a potato on it!

I've got a cat who's one of the most affectionate--and at times needy--animals I've ever encountered. We're usually on the computer together, him in my lap while I work and at night he curls up on my bed. Then wakes me up if I hit snooze on my alarm.

My roommate has a cat who actually likes to wrestle with him and they often "spar".

I'm trying to convince him that we need a dog too, but so far he hasn't gone for it.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by badger_fruit

Sorry admins, I couldn't resist posting this piccy!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA JAKE-DOG AND JAKE-BOY

Hahahahaha you made me laugh men!

It's beautiful, and looks pretty peaceful. Alike my late boxer, he was pretty active, and playful. And never-resting. I still can't figure out how he managed to stay awake all night long biting my hair making noises like a wild hog and then biting my ankles (awwww, just remembering it makes me feel that needle-like puppy teeth again).

I love that pic, it's like the other you have posted on another thread.

Here's one of my babies:

Yes, Parque sleeps over the poor Conejin. But he seems to agree being a fluffy pillow.

Originally Posted by Jyncka
    Jyncka
    Never had cats, maybe they are not the most compatible animal with the species named above he he... But if you get a dog, again, I recommend you boxers or bull terriers. Such beauty.

Regards guys!
  15. Confused badger

Originally Posted by Jyncka
    I've got a cat who's one of the most affectionate--and at times needy--animals I've ever encountered. We're usually on the computer together, him in my lap while I work and at night he curls up on my bed. Then wakes me up if I hit snooze on my alarm.

My roommate has a cat who actually likes to wrestle with him and they often "spar".

I'm trying to convince him that we need a dog too, but so far he hasn't gone for it.
    LOL, our cat (Willow) is one of the most anti-social animals that we have ever had - a far cry from our last cat (Jam - who incidentally, left home when we took in the dog; he now lives at the end of the street so we see him still almost every day). Yes, Willow will come in, demand noms (feeding), eat then demand to be let back out. if we refuse then she'll either sit there with her back to us or find somewhere well away from us to go to sleep until we finally let her back out

It's such a shame as she's a really beautiful cat, I will try to find a picture of her and post when I do.

Anyway, Mauro, your Guineapigs are awesome and I love how they cuddle up to each other! The kids want some but we've tried to explain that the dog will think they're his new squeeky toys and the cat may also have something to say about them too ... I also believe we'll come home one day from work/school and discover the back end of one sticking out of each of Jake-Dog and Willow's mouths, they'll both look at us as if to say "what? why are you looking at me?" before swallowing what's left of the GPs

Oh, Jake-dog is the very first dog I've ever had, in my side of the family, we've ALWAYS had cats but on my wife's side, they've always had dogs. I can see why though, Jake-dog comes bounding up to me when I come home from work and his tail is wagging so much I am surprised it hasn't fallen off yet!

Whereas the cat, well, if she's in, she wants to go out and if she's out, she'll come running home, only to miow miow MIOWWWW at me until she's fed and then MIOWWWW MIOWWWW MOWWWWWWWWWRRWWWW until I let her back out.

That reminds me, does anyone want a cat?
    - George Orwell, 1984
  17. No Profile Picture

Sad that I don't have a picture of my favorite dog.

Called him Skip, he was a golden retriever. God how I miss him.
    He's in a better place now.
  19. Confused badger

I'm sorry to hear that, that's very sad :'(
    - George Orwell, 1984
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by badger_fruit
    Anyway, Mauro, your Guineapigs are awesome and I love how they cuddle up to each other! The kids want some but we've tried to explain that the dog will think they're his new squeeky toys and the cat may also have something to say about them too ...
    Hey, one is a guinea pig and the other is a small rabbit (many have confused him with another guinea, since he lowers his long ears when I point the camera to them haha)
    Don't worry, you can get them to coexist. I have two that survived and lived together with "Hector" (See photo below), he was my boxer dog that looked like... let me see what word I'm looking for... AN ENRAGED ORC.

[IMG]blacklab.com.ar/Orc.jpg[/IMG]

Just tell your son that he can have one, but he cannot allow them out of the cage without your surveillance.
    When you are around, bring the dog and show them to him, face to face. Maybe the guineas can become fearful for some time, but after the first meet they are pretty social. Mine sleeped with the dog, he looked them as their puppies, I think.
    Then you can let them walk in a closed space like a kitchen or small room (your boy's room).

As of today, if the dogs are adult I've never had trouble with it... And yours looks really friendly!
    But, as for the cat, I won't recommend you leave them near :P

Originally Posted by jonasmarsh621
    God how I miss him
    Same here mate. It's been a year since I've lost my little orc (above photo). It's really sad, I know
    Last edited by MauroEldritch; October 26th, 2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Not linking my img
  23. Contributing User

I have 2 cats (sisters from the same litter - Ellie and Carmella - age 4+ yrs) and 1 dog (Edison - 11 months old). LOL... the cats hate the dog, but he just loves to chase and Luv them both.
  25. No Profile Picture

hey i have a dog
  27. No Profile Picture

I haven't personally a pet, but my girlfriend has it: she's a beautiful 6yrs old Jack Russell called Aria

Bye
    Paolo.
  29. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by pavlov82
    I haven't personally a pet
    Yeah you do. Don't you have a few dogs?

Comments on this post

• ptr2void agrees : Ding!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo