1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

How long does it take for new account to appear on the server?

Hello;

I didnt find a Cpanel forum so I post it here:

I have all my accounts under cpanel and access them with SFTP.

I added a new account (domain name) but it does not show when I connect to server as root ( with CyberDock).

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the server?

Thank you
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved from PHP

I'd say ask your hosting provider.
  5. A Change of Season

I can upload via c panel but not using wnscp or cyberduck! The folder doesnt exists!
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Two things to check first...

Are you sure that you're connected to the right server? I've seen a sys-admin guy at a place I used to work at spend 2 hours de-bugging an issue very similar to this only to find out that he was on the wrong server.

Are you sure that you're using the right username/password? Same deal as above, it's always best to double-check.

If that's all correct then connect via SSH and use the command line to navigate to the right folder and check that it is really there.

If the folder is there and you can't see it using FTP or STFP it most likely means that the FTP server program on the server is having a few issues and should be restarted. Could be an idea to restart the whole server if that's not going to kill any production sites.
  9. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Two things to check first...

Are you sure that you're connected to the right server? I've seen a sys-admin guy at a place I used to work at spend 2 hours de-bugging an issue very similar to this only to find out that he was on the wrong server.

Are you sure that you're using the right username/password? Same deal as above, it's always best to double-check.

If that's all correct then connect via SSH and use the command line to navigate to the right folder and check that it is really there.

If the folder is there and you can't see it using FTP or STFP it most likely means that the FTP server program on the server is having a few issues and should be restarted. Could be an idea to restart the whole server if that's not going to kill any production sites.
    Right server. All domains are listed under WHM cpanel. 1 main username used for all. Restarted the server (Graceful), also restarted ftp server (via WHM) ,still cant see it.
  11. A Change of Season

Out of curiousity I tried fire ftp and it connects!

This doesn't really make sense because no other sites on the server are accessible via ftp. They are all accessible viw sftp with Flow or Cyberduck.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo