1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Your Laptop brand??

Your laptop brand???
    Which Laptop brand do you think is best??

I am having DELL and i am quite satisfied with my laptop .
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Lenovo ThinkPad

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees
    • medialint agrees : ditto, my work one anyway
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  5. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

I buy a lot of ASUS stuff. I've had mostly good experiences with them.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  7. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Lenovo ThinkPad
    /thread
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  9. Sarcky

The thinkpad line used to be my favorite, but I seriously love my dell latitude my office gave me. The power is astounding (quad core CPU with 16GB of RAM), the battery life is incredible (6+ hours), it has all the ports I need (USB3, fire wire pcmcia, SD reader, DVD+/-RW, and more), and the 1920x1080 native resolution is amazing.

It doesn't have a particularly large hard drive (300gb) and it doesn't have HDMI (but has VGA), but otherwise it's the best laptop I've ever had, including the trusty thinkpad t-42 I had in college.

I use an Asus transformerpad infinity (t700) as my tablet/netbook for meetings, coffee shops, and couch surfing, and I love that as well (though only 1GB of RAM is criminal given the resolution).
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Sony VAIO is the best !!
  13. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Gateway I bought at Walmart for $300.
    Codeinated
  15. Sarcky

Originally Posted by cody_e
    Gateway I bought at Walmart for $300.
    Was that before Gateway stopped being a company in 2007? You need a new laptop.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. Type Cast Exception

My personal laptop is an HP refurbish that was "the most laptop I can buy for under $500" (newegg) that was my criteria, it works well enough for me when I actually want to use my own windows laptop, which these days is about once a year.

My much more heavily used work laptop is a thinkpad x220 which is an ultraportable. I like that it weighs less than a brick when I strap it to my 45 year old back and start schlepping it between Oakland and San Francisco.

The thinkpad is also certainly the more powerful computer. I run visual studio, TOAD, AQT, outlook, access, business objects, lync, a VDI (virtual machine) session, IE, firefox and typically some docs open in notepad, excel, etc without problem.

Being in a tech job and time being at more of a premium than money itself to me I have adopted the "I just want the #&#% thing to work" attitude when it comes to my personal tech gear, so I bought a Mac.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  19. Sarcky

Originally Posted by medialint
    Being in a tech job and time being at more of a premium than money itself to me I have adopted the "I just want the #&#% thing to work" attitude when it comes to my personal tech gear, so I bought a Mac.
    That's why I don't play PC games anymore. I put the disk in the video game machine and games start playing. The end. I don't need to screw around with drivers and patch versions and IRQ conflicts, I just want to game.

Though I'll never use a mac. I tried to program on one for a few years and it was always doing something really close to what I told it to do, but never what I actually wanted. If you don't use macs the way they want you to use them, everything starts to fall to pieces (it seems to me anyway). I still tell my parents and grandparents to get them though.

21. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    If you replace M.A.C with S.U.K. you're getting close. Anything with less than a full-size keyboard is questionable.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Sony: Pcga-bp12, Vgp-bp1
  25. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Was that before Gateway stopped being a company in 2007? You need a new laptop.
    Looking at some of the splash screens, I see it's a rebranded Asus. It does have the Gateway logos all over it though. I bought it about a year ago from Walmart.
    Codeinated
  27. No Profile Picture

I love my ThinkPad. Functional, almost indestructible, not a tablet.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

My Laptop model is Mpresario 2000.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo