1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Does such a service exist?

1) A member of my website submits a random search/page request.
    2) Via a curl post, I pass that users demographics along with her keyword to abc ad company's api.
    3) abc company returns to me x number of targeted ads to display to user.
    4) if user clicks an ad, I get paid. Everyone is merry.

I'm just starting to poke around in the advertising world. I haven't seen this. Is there an obvious flaw I'm missing. I like the server request because it keeps my user's ip out of the ad agency's reach. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Operating system ubuntu 12.04
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Posting this question helped me crystallize what I'm after, and now I'm seeing that this service does indeed exist. So my question now is, can you guys recommend who is reputable, who's not. Who offers the most bang for the buck.
    Thanks,
    Dan

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If there's one thing people hate, it's adds

Anyways, try google adsense as it should do what you want and be easy to use
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jack13580
    If there's one thing people hate, it's adds

I don't disagree. But how do you solve the puzzle? Do you pay devshed for their services? I know I don't.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks,
    Dan

9. Contributing User

1) A member of my website submits a random search/page request.
    2) Via a curl post, I pass that users demographics along with her keyword to abc ad company's api.
    3) abc company returns to me x number of targeted ads to display to user.
    4) if user clicks an ad, I get paid. Everyone is merry.
    Yes, there are a lot of similar services. Almost all ads from google are either based on the contents of the page or on the parameters of the user.

There is even "real time bidding", when user's demographics is sent to several advertising companies at once and they participate in auction - wins one who proposes better price for showing ad for this particular user. This ad is shown and money are taken from this advertiser. The whole bidding is performed in short time while page is rendered.

This does not require the site owner to know anything about advertising - he only puts few scripts given by bidding platform provider on his pages.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rodiongork
    Yes, there are a lot of similar services. Almost all ads from google are either based on the contents of the page or on the parameters of the user.

There is even "real time bidding", when user's demographics is sent to several advertising companies at once and they participate in auction - wins one who proposes better price for showing ad for this particular user. This ad is shown and money are taken from this advertiser. The whole bidding is performed in short time while page is rendered.

This does not require the site owner to know anything about advertising - he only puts few scripts given by bidding platform provider on his pages.
    Interesting. I didn't realize google could take params. Is there a bidding site "better" than the other? There are a gazillion sites about advertising. Would you happen to know of a popular forum where experienced site owners discuss these matters?
    Thanks,
    Dan

13. Contributing User

Site owners themselves need not know anything about advertising at all, as I told above. They only sell to google the place on their web-pages and google determines what to show here according to its own ideas, online biddings etc.

Advertisers themselves usually could not participate in bidding directly (it really requires to be acquainted with cutting-edge technologies and math ideas) - instead they post their advertisements via dedicated bidding agents (some heavy-duty software clusters) which themselves participate in real-time bidding on a platform like google.

Of course you can find amount of forums where people discuss AdSense usage and other similar matter. But they mainly discuss where to place advertisements on the pages, and to which ad provider sell the space on their pages.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rodiongork
    Site owners themselves need not know anything about advertising at all, as I told above. They only sell to google the place on their web-pages and google determines what to show here according to its own ideas, online biddings etc.

Advertisers themselves usually could not participate in bidding directly (it really requires to be acquainted with cutting-edge technologies and math ideas) - instead they post their advertisements via dedicated bidding agents (some heavy-duty software clusters) which themselves participate in real-time bidding on a platform like google.

Of course you can find amount of forums where people discuss AdSense usage and other similar matter. But they mainly discuss where to place advertisements on the pages, and to which ad provider sell the space on their pages.
    Thanks rodiongork
    Thanks,
    Dan

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo