1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sharing 30GB+ privately

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I was looking for an easy to use forum of experts on web development because it is something I want to get into and have several questions.

First and foremost, I want to try to build a website with my friend who lives in another state. What are some good methods of privately sharing files and content with each other? I was thinking drop box but we need at least 30 gb minimum and the drop box business which has more space has a 5-user minimum which would cost a bit. Are there better alternatives?
  3. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

(moved from Business Help and renamed)

I'd try BitTorrent Sync. Or if you have a private server lying around (or already paid for) with space then you can set up an SFTP server.

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Thanks for moving it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

TeamViewer also has a file transfer option by the way.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Google Drive's 100GB option is only about $2/month, if that's feasible; and anything in a user's drive can be shared privately between any number of other Google accounts with very fine-grained persmission controls (if that's necessary).
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo