1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

major kudos

I have learned slightly more than just php/mysql while "Cracking the Vault"
    You also conveyed that I should take much
    better notes when I code, within my code. I have this nasty habit of just writing a program, just enough notes to help me debug it to a production mode. Then later I dang near have to re-write the thing to make changes.
    David.
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: Here!

Click the "Design Time" link in Part 1 and it should be near the top.
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: Why Not Blob

Drop me a line at melonfire@mail.com once you're done - I'd like to check it out too.

-author
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: major kudos

Glad you liked it. I learnt to add comments and notes the hard way - it's hard to do a case study such as this one without comments :)
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: Encryption

Someone in this forum suggested using a BLOB to hold the data rather than a file.

I guess you could use built-in mySQL functions to perform some basic encryption in this case...I think!

Alternatively, you could probably write some kind of wrapper for something like PGP - so that the file is piped through that program before being saved.

Just some ideas :)
  11. No Profile Picture

Re: major kudos

Yes.. once upon a time, I used to draft my project out on pencil and pad. Over the last few years I've been heading straight to an editor and begin scripting. I'm building a customer database that tracks information for our ISP, and PHP/MySQL look the way to go. This database should be responsible for tracking invoices and payments.
    This is quite an undertaking and need to be done right the 1st time. If you have any further reading, I'm spending a few weeks brushing up before I start.
  13. No Profile Picture

Minor fixes

Hi there,

I want to start by telling you that I love your code. It was very good and I plan to built something far more complex on top of it. This note is just to point out a couple of little errors.
    1. I had to fix 5 files where I was getting a warning msg about a variable not being declared
    2. the login.php page was giving me an error even though I was authenticated, so I had to, instead of using headers to redirect to another page, print out the link to follow.
    Other than this I have found your code most useful and I will be glad to send you the modified code that I have in my server.

Sincerely,

Pedro Naranjo
  15. No Profile Picture

Hands on :)

Well it will be strange for you but the company I am currently working for is a software development and production company aaaannd my manager just said how nice things would be if we had a documentation handling system a few days ago :). Thanx to devshed weekly letters. I am going into production now and I will translate the code to my native language and will add a few pages for password administration vs vs. I love open source :) and thanx to the author.
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: I made something like this

I would like to take a look at it! I am creating a local intranet and this is a great idea to store company doc's. If you don't mind I would like to browse through youre code. Just email it to me or point me to a URL!!

Thanks,
    Ian
  19. No Profile Picture

Re: Hands on :)

If you put up a new version, please send us a link so that we can reference it in the article as well - thanks!
  21. No Profile Picture

Re: Minor fixes

Can you email me details at the address above, so that the fixes can be incorporated into the download archive as well? Thanks!
  23. No Profile Picture

Don't have your email : )?
  25. No Profile Picture

Oops, I assumed you could get it from my post. Well here it is

igalloway@mediaone.net

Thanks in advance
    Ian
    P.S. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions through email after I have looked through the script?
  27. No Profile Picture

Add User Page

<p><pre><font color=#008000><xmp>
    <?

// adduser.php - add a new user to system

// check for valid session
    session_start();
    if (!session_is_registered(
  29. No Profile Picture

mime type

some problem with .doc .cdr file to upload

How can set config.php to put this document?

ciao

fabio

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo