Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Database Article

Good article, very informative for the newbie (Me)
  3. No Profile Picture

Database Essentials

Database Essentials I'm fairly new to the development side of databases, and hunting arounf for a good one...I came across mySQL a day or two back, and started scouring the web for more info...this little tutorial reminded me of a few questions I had when I was JUST starting out, and that reminder was enough to make some connections. Thanks.
    You can read the article here .
  5. No Profile Picture

GREAT article!

This is the best article I have read on this topic so far. Obviously, it's not in-depth, but it really gives a good overview about the concept of databases.
    Advanced techniques are explained very well, so that even though you may not really understand the scope of them, you can easily make further investigations.

Thanks!
  7. No Profile Picture

Database Administrator

What does it take as far as being a "database administator"? What courses and how do you break into the field. Example, what exactly do they do? How much do they get paid etc. Any information regarding this career would be greatly appreciatiated.
  9. No Profile Picture

Images

Hi all, i'm making an advertisepage with MySql, i want that the person who places it can add an image, how can i add images from the person's pc to my MySql database?
    Hope that anyone can help me....
    Regards....J.D
  11. No Profile Picture

Fundamentally flawed

"Everything a company knows about its business... is slowly being converted into ones and zeroes"

A company is made up of individuals. What an individual knows can never be digitised - you create conduits for symbols, hooks that help a person's way of thinking. So I find the above statement misleading - it *can't* be "everything".

Pompous, or what?
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: GREAT article!

I agree. Well-thought out article that goes over just enough to give a great understanding of the topics discussed. Nice =)
  15. No Profile Picture
  17. No Profile Picture
  19. No Profile Picture

institutionalisations

I agree with Fozz and would like to add that
    BASIC learning articles as these start off well but sooner or later fall into the same trap,the jargon becomes 'institutionalised'.
    In the sentance
    "...while simultaneously keeping it organized in a systematic fashion, with minimal redundancy."
    One must also explain what 'minimal redundancy' means, an important part of DataBase conception.
    Space & time is money !
    Time Out...

21. No Profile Picture

Re: Database Article

Please sed me an aritcle about database
  23. No Profile Picture

Just created indexes...

Thanks for your article about creating indexes. It has speed up my queries from 2 second's per record to 0.03 seconds. just great.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Database Essentials

Database Essentials

February 26, 2001 - Are you new to the wonderful world of databases? Confused by the sudden flood of technical jargon? Don't know the difference between a "trigger" and a "stored procedure", a "join" and a "subquery"? Look no further - the solution is right here!

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
  27. No Profile Picture
    Ducani
    If you would like to see an article covering a particular topic, please post your request here.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo