1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: MySQL Table for the article

This table dump has also been added to the <a href=/Server_Side/PHP/Cookies/page2.html>second page</a> of the article text making it much easier to understand, and allowing the table structure to be included in the "<a href=/Server_Side/PHP/Cookies/print.html>printer-friendly</a>" version of the article.
  3. No Profile Picture

Login you Personalization Items

Hi..
    <br>
    <br>
    Anyone could help me?
    <br>
    <br>
    How can I do it?
    <br>
    <br>
    If Login already exist, check if password is right and if it is right, change the options
    <br>
    <br>
    Tks.
    <br>
    <br>
    Richard
    <br>
    RDBrazil
    <br>
    <br>
    PS: Sorry, I`m not so good in English
  5. No Profile Picture

User Login

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but my newuser.php3 doesn't seem to be writting to the database. Cookie is set but when I review the tables no data!
    <br>
    Nor do I get any errors until I return to the index.. the errors there are all based on no data in the database.
    <br>
    <br>
    any ideas?
    <br>
    <br>
    J--
  7. No Profile Picture

Mosque.com

This is a nice web site
    <br>
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: User Login

Hi. Itīs the same for me, it doesnīt write to database and it return this message:
    <br>
    <br>
    Warning: Using scalar variable $row as an array or object in /www/htdocs/headlines/index.php3 on line 18
    <br>
    Yx
    <br>
    <br>
    Thanx
  11. No Profile Picture

Re: Story is way to brief

I thought this story did a very good job of presenting the necessary information very succinctly. For readers who would like additional instructions for setting up a mySQL database, I recommend some of the other great tutorials on this site in the mySQL section or the online docs at www.mysql.com.
  13. No Profile Picture

explorer / opera ?

Hi !
    <br>
    <br>
    I'm doing an intranet and I'm going to use
    <br>
    Apache, PHP3 and mySQL at the serverside,
    <br>
    and the clients are going to run Netscape,
    <br>
    Internet Explorer and Opera.
    <br>
    Now I've tried my "scripts" at home and
    <br>
    everything works fine with Netscape, but
    <br>
    when I try it with Opera or Internet Explorer it won't work. It won't set/read the cookies.
    <br>
    I've searched c:\windows\cookies\* for my cookie, but haven't found anyhthing.
    <br>
    <br>
    Anyone got any clue ?
    <br>
    <br>
    ps. _YES_ I have cookies enabled.
    <br>
    <br>
    // myspys
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: User Login

There was an error in the article that should be fixed now. It is possible that this error may have been causing your problems.
    <br>
    <br>
    To fix this error you need to place an apostrophe (') before the variable $news3.
    <br>
    <br>
    Check out the <a href=/Server_Side/PHP/Cookies/page3.html>third page</a> of the article to see the correct code.
  17. No Profile Picture

Nice to see: Show an "end result" page.

At the end of articles like this one, it would be nice to have one more page, demonstrating the techniques explained in the article - a sort of "this is what it will look like" page, so that the reader can examine the end result without having to create an entire new MySQL database, and the accompanying php3 pages to go with it.
  19. No Profile Picture

Any complete packages?

Are there any complete packages for use customization avaialbel for free or for sale?

I've had one done for me, custom, but am open to see other packages....

I know www.go2net.com uses php for their personalization (which is pretty impressive!) their system is cool and something of the osrt, or like my.yahoo.com, would be cool...
  21. No Profile Picture

Best way to keep user track ?

Hello,
    <br>
    <br>
    I appreciated the article but would like to know more :
    <br>
    <br>
    I have to transmit the username to other PHP pages via GET (POST isn't always available).
    <br>
    <br>
    Some users won't enable cookies all the time, so I have a cookie feature at the beginning just to avoid remembering l/p for people who want this (BTW, should it be encrypted when written to a cookie ?).
    <br>
    <br>
    So, to navigate through the pages, I'd like to avoid links like store.php?login=toto&pass=tata
    <br>
    <br>
    I can't use hidden paths all the time (POST), should I use the session number as unique ID (I use PHP4) ?
    <br>
    Is it secure enough to transmit encrypted login+pass through GET requests ?
    <br>
    Should I transmit username only (secure enough ?) ?
    <br>
    <br>
    Thanks in advance. (I checked slashdot.org and 32bitsonline.com's cookies but cannot make up my mind for a secure method when browser is cookie-disabled :)
    <br>
    <br>
    Olivier.
  23. No Profile Picture

user validation high overhead

I was given the address to this article as an approach for setting up user authentication to pages on my web site.

How to setup user authentication is clear and thanks to your explanation, it seems very simple.

In essense, I have to include the special code at the top and bottom of each document that I want to require user authentication on. This seems like a lot of work.

Is there a way for me to use user authentication for each web page without having to include the special code in each document?

I've used apache's .htaccess files. The problem with them is that they are a manual solution. My preference is to have an automated solution. As an example:

The user tries to access the page. If they aren't authenticated, it prompts them for user name and password. A check is made against the mysql database. If they can't validate, it takes them to a new membership form so that they can sign up.

Thanks in advance for any feedback / ideas you might have :)

-Ed
  25. No Profile Picture

Passwords not *** in index.php3?

This may be my own ignorance,
    but why is the password showing clear
    instead of the usual **** index.php3?

thanks,
    jamie
  27. No Profile Picture

Multiple Values in Cookies

Does SetCookie() set only one variable? Can I store five values on the same cookie? If so how do I do it?

If I call SetCookie() five times will it make five different cookies or will it append to the one cookie for my domain?

TIA.
    All help is appreciated.
  29. No Profile Picture

Re: Multiple Values in Cookies

I read somewhere that it is possible to have more than one value stored in a cookie. Unforunately I do not remember the URL.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo