1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: GOT-IT

would either of you be so kind as to pass a copy on to me as well??

seems the reference given is a 403- forbidden.
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: password security

You can fix this by changing the type="text" to type="password".

The security is still low and hackers will be able to get the data, but it'll fix the dropdown password problem.
  5. No Profile Picture

Login without setting cookie

Hi.
    If you are going to use this script on a large site. There will be many visitors using a public computer.
    A checkbox is needed in a loginform. The visitors should be able to select if they want to store a cookie on the computer.

Anyone who can program a login program (preferebly a safe one with encryption)?
  7. No Profile Picture

Set Cookie Flaw?

When you execute setcookie at the top of newuser.php3, aren't you making the implicit assumption that $login will be unique and not that of a previous user?
    It seems on the surface that if a new user chooses an existing login, the registration will fail be that user will be "cookied" with an existing user's login.
    Comments?
  9. No Profile Picture

webget.pl

The link for this doesn't work, can someone point me to the right one?
    thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture

problem with cookies: cookies don't set

Hi,

i am having a problem with my cookie script: using setcookie(), the cookie does not seem to get saved anywhere on the users' hard disk ?! I tried on several machines using ie5 and can't seem to find the cookie in the "cookies" directory. Plus my script creates a new cookie every time i reopen explorer (tho not when i refresh it) so i guess the cookie isn't getting writte. My script is:

if (isset($cookiename))
    { //Begin instructions for existing Cookie
    $info = explode("&", $cookiename);

then update counter; then update info in db;
    else create new cookie using setcookie after having gotten info off the database:

#insert these variables into database
    mysql_connect("", "", ") or die ("Problem connecting to DataBase in creating new cookie");
    $query = "insert into cookies1 values ('predefined variables except for an autoincrement primary key called ID, which is set to null')";
    $result = mysql_db_query("dbname", $query) or die ("Problems.... ");

#i then redo a search on the db lookin for #these predefined values to find out what #number mysql has assigned to $ID
    mysql_connect('', '', '') or die ("Problem ");
    $query = "select * from tablename where variable1='$variable1' AND count='$count'";
    $result = mysql_db_query("dbname", $query) or die ("Problems.... ");
    $r=mysql_fetch_array($result);
    $ID=$r["ID"];

#set these variables into cookie
    $CookieString=$1.'&'.$2.'&'.$3.'&'.$ID;
    setcookie ("cookiename",$CookieString, time()+99999999999, "/", ".carrierworld.com", 0);

any ideas why this doesn't work ???

cheers, nick
  13. No Profile Picture

Why do my cookies not work ??? (html formatted)

Hi,<P>

i am having a problem with my cookie script: using setcookie(), the cookie does not seem to get saved anywhere on the users' hard disk ?! I tried on several machines using ie5 and can't seem to find the cookie in the "cookies" directory. Plus my script creates a new cookie every time i reopen explorer (tho not when i refresh it) so i guess the cookie isn't getting writte. My script is:
    <P>
    if (isset($cookiename)) <br>
    { //Begin instructions for existing Cookie
    $info = explode("&", $cookiename);<P>

then update counter; then update info in db;
    else create new cookie using setcookie after having gotten info off the database:<P>

#insert these variables into database<br>
    mysql_connect("", "", ") or die ("Problem connecting to DataBase in creating new cookie"); <br>
    $query = "insert into cookies1 values('predefined variables except for an auto_increment primary key called ID, which is set to null')"; <br>
    $result = mysql_db_query("dbname", $query) or die ("Problems.... ");<br>

#i then redo a search on the db lookin for #these predefined values to find out what #number mysql has assigned to $ID
    mysql_connect('', '', '') or die ("Problem ");<br>
    $query = "select * from tablename where variable1='$variable1' AND count='$count'";<br>
    $result = mysql_db_query("dbname", $query) or die ("Problems.... "); <br>
    $r=mysql_fetch_array($result);<br>
    $ID=$r["ID"];<P>

#set these variables into cookie<br>
    $CookieString=$1.'&'.$2.'&'.$3.'&'.$ID;<br>
    setcookie ("cookiename",$CookieString, time()+99999999999, "/", ".carrierworld.com", 0); <br>
    <P>

any ideas why this doesn't work ???
    <P>
    cheers, nick
  15. No Profile Picture

Cookies and "requirew"/"include".

Hi,<p>

i'm having a problem with my setcookie() instructions.<br>
    Although there are absolutely<br> no html tags in front of them,<br> for some reason PHP3 sends me back the message "<B>oops...php3_SetCookie called after header has been sent</b>"...<p>
    I do however use two "require" calls, one to a file with a <B>.php</B> extension, and one to a file with an <b>.inc</b> extension. <p> At the beginning of each files there's a <?php tag....<p>
    Could the cookie failure and the include functions be related ?<br> In my text, I have even wiped out any HTML tags such as "bold, paragraph, line break" tags, even in "echo" commands, but to no avail <p>
    what am i doing wrong ???<p>

thanks for any help<br>
    nick<P>
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: Cookies and

check your require/include files
    do they have any spaces beyond the ?> delimiter? (i.e. outside of any PHP code section.
    this will cause the headers to be sent.
  19. No Profile Picture

Re: GOT-IT

Same here...

I get a "forbidden" error.

Greetz,

Roy
  21. No Profile Picture

Re: webget.pl

no ****, i can not find this anywhere and your link doesnt work. And i will be damned if i use lynx!!! since it never shuts down
  23. No Profile Picture

Netscape/Explorer cookie woes...

setcookie works fine and dandy in explorer, but in Netscape there's no cookie returned to pages at all.
    <br>
    The versions I tried it on are:
    <br>
    IE - 5
    <br>
    Netscape - 4.61
    <br>
    <br>
    WTF could be going on? Is there a special way of calling setcookie that is compatible with the widest range of browsers? I know there's some stuff mentioned in the php docs for setcookie about various versions of IE and netscape not handling cookies properly when certain setcookie arguments are included/excluded. Netscape 4.61 is not mentioned as a problem browser...
  25. No Profile Picture

Answering my own question...

Got this figured out, but I thought maybe others might find this interesting... Setcookie seems not to work at all on any netscape browser if the path argument is set to "/"... Remove it completely, and viola.
  27. No Profile Picture

Cookies

I am having a problem with cookies, which is when ever user signs in to the signup page the name of the user must be captured and display on the web page. The function I have return in php can capture the name and put on the webpage, but the next person signs in to the signup page it doesn't allow the next user's name appear on the webpage and it shows the previous user's name on the webpage. Unless the user deletes the cookie from the system. and the data is stored in the mysql database. eg: user name, user address.
    <br>
    PLEASE HELP ME!
  29. No Profile Picture

Cookies / URL Variables

Is there a way I can distinguish a cookie on a system from a URL variable? I'm doing a simple, authentication that doesn't require much security, however I've found that cookies can be faked easily by having the variables defined in the URL.

Is there a way you can make sure that the variable you're using is actually from a cookie and not a URL?

thanks, --ed

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo