1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

[no subject]

3. No Profile Picture

[no subject]

I have a serious problem with XML. I understand very well how it is built but I still can't see how to use it ? Is it just like HTML, processed by a Web server ?
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: [no subject]

XML can be either processed server side (using a variety of programming or scripting lanaguages) or on the client side (for those browsers supporting XSLT). Typically it gets "converted" at some point before display so that it can rendered as, for example, HTML - but it may just as easily be converted to PDF or WML etc. Have a look at Cocoon (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/) for a web application that deals extensively with XML "publishing".
  7. No Profile Picture

[no subject]

XML is NOT really meant to replace HTML, not even close. The purpose of XML is format DATA, not to do website layout. It is possible to display XML in a nice layout using other parts of the specification(s), but the main purpose is to organize data to be used by vast amount of programs that need to utilize the data in an easily recognizable format.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Doing More With XML Schemas (part 1)

Doing More With XML Schemas \(part 1\)

Get into the more advanced aspects of XML Schema design with a discussion of simple and complex datatypes, and learn to apply the basic OOP concepts of extensibility and inheritance to your schemas.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo