1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I wish I'd known that earlier

>sigh<

I'm sure it's all in the PHP manual somewhere, and I do RTFM on a regular basis, but now I understand properly how error logging works :-) Thanks !
  3. No Profile Picture

This is pretty cool, but...

The fact that you cannot use a custom error handler for fatal errors is a serious drawback. I would be far more interested in catching errors and generating visitor-friendly error pages *if* it worked for fatal errors. But alas, I might as well just turn error displaying off and error logging on (in php.ini), and leave my visitors with a blank page. The whole idea of using a custom error handler for non-fatal errors is cool, but not very useful for most web apps.
  5. No Profile Picture

It IS possible to catch even Fatal Errors

look here:
    http://www.webkreator.com/cms/view.php/1692.html
  7. No Profile Picture

An Alternative to ErrorHandler

There's also a bit more "friendly" error handler (based on ErrorHandler) from http://mojavelinux.com. Find it in the Cooker section of their site.

I was unable to get ErrorHandler to run the way I wanted but found something pretty close in MojaveLinux's handler.

nhyde
  9. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Error Handling In PHP (part 2)

Error Handling In PHP \(part 2\)

The first part of this article demonstrated basic error handling in PHP, explaining the various error types and illustrating the process of building a custom error handler. But that's just the tip of the iceberg - this concluding part goes a step further, showing you to trigger your own errors, and log error messages to a file, database or email address. Read the full article .

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
  11. No Profile Picture
    Ducani
    If you would like to see an article covering a particular topic, please post your request here.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo