Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
  3. No Profile Picture

Using barcode Scanner

I am having few input fields in my jsp page and a submit button. To enter the data in the input fields I am using a barcode scanner and each time I scan the barcode the submit button is getting activated and the form is submitted. How can I prevent the submit button getting activated?
  5. No Profile Picture
  7. No Profile Picture
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: Using barcode Scanner

Hi!

I am having the same problem. Have you been able to resolve this?

Thanks for any help.
  11. No Profile Picture

query

is there any way to get the values of unchecked boxes .plz no suggestions to keep a hidden value with each check box.if any one knows how the reset button keeps track of the initial value of the checkboxes.can we get that initial value after submitting the form without creating our own array.that is iwant to know can i get the default values from where the reset button gets the default value.it is very clear that reset keeps the information of the status of the checkboxes when the page is loaded.so how can i access the same info after the submmissin of page
  13. No Profile Picture

It may be because the scanner is *simulating* an enter key stroke.

Instead of making your SUBMIT button <input type="submit">, try making it something like <input type="button" onclick="this.form.submit()" value="Submit"> to prevent the form from submitting when the <ENTER> key is pressed.

Chris
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I am not using RS232 port reader and not the wedge barcode reader device.

Can you please tell how to read the bar code from the port and bringing it to the form using JSP?

thanks,
    nagamani
  17. No Profile Picture

Keshava,
    Did you find a solution to your problem (see below)?
    I am having few input fields in my jsp page and a submit button. To enter the data in the input fields I am using a barcode scanner and each time I scan the barcode the submit button is getting activated and the form is submitted. How can I prevent the submit button getting activated?

thanks,
  19. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

The JSP Files (part 4): The Red Pill

The JSP Files \(part 4\): The Red Pill

Now that the basics are done with, it's time to begin applying that theory to Web development. This week, The JSP Files investigates the JSP Request object, and demonstrates how it can be used to process form data. Learn about JSP's array variables, find out what chocolate chip cookies and couch potatoes have in common, and explore a very unusual pharmacy.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo