Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Assumptions!!!

What are assumptions? You are wrong when you think that people should be assumed to know something about mysql. You are definately one of the uneducated people if you think you people must be assumed to know something that they are trying to learn. Too bad for you. You guys have lost the understanding of how teach.

Too Bad!
  3. No Profile Picture

Apologies

You are correct. The mysql introduction tutorial has not yet been moved to the new site. Watch for it early next week. We hope to have it updated for the latest MySQL version by then.
  5. No Profile Picture

Back up!

The beginning tutorial is back up. Let me know if you see any problems with it.

Thanks,

Randy
  7. No Profile Picture

RE: Assumptions!!!

That's hardly fair - the article doesn't claim to be a beginner's tutorial on MySQL, but an exploration of how the grant tables work. You don't expect someone to be able to understand differential equations before they take calculus. For the same reason, you shouldn't expect to be able to understand how the grant tables work before you have a working knowledge of MySQL.
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: Back up!

I am new with MySql. Would like to know more information how to backup and monitor and maybe with the reporting MySql server. Any helps will be appreciated.
  11. No Profile Picture

Grant table does not work

I got problem setting up grant table:
    <br>
    I created database named webmail
    <br>
    User table: Host=%;User=webmail;Password=pwd
    <br>
    DB table: host=%;User=webmail;db=webmail
    <br>
    Host table: host=%;user=%
    <br>
    <br>
    It denies everyone accessing to "webmail" database. Any idea ?
    <br>
    Thanks,
    <br>
    Steve
    <br>
    <br>
  13. No Profile Picture

Yep, don\'t blaim eachothers..

15. No Profile Picture

ok, thanks!
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: Grant table does not work

Yeah, first you have to store the password in encrypted format, not plain text. Second, depending on how your host's domain name service is set up, you may need to have two entries, one for host='localhost' and one for host=whatever_your_hostname_is. I haven't figured out the latter but did get things working by adding two rows for each user.
    <br>
    <br>
    To get the encrypted password, use the password() function. For example:
    <br>
    <br>
    update user set password=password('mypassword') where user='myuser';
    <br>
    <br>
    -rdj
  19. No Profile Picture

Testing SQL

this is a test of the SQL DB
  21. No Profile Picture

Re: Assumptions!!!

Also for an introduction to MySQL you can view DevShed's <a href=http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Intro/>"Beginning MySQL" tutorial</a>
  23. No Profile Picture

Mysql Connect String

How to change the connect string of mysql database from localhost/unix socket to tcpip connection, so from remote machine i can access my mysql database.
  25. No Profile Picture

Mysql installation problem

Whan i am trying to install mysql on a cobalt raq2 machine it's giving an error saying cannot execute binary files, daemon ended. What could be the problem and what is the solution for this?
  27. No Profile Picture

Row-level access

MySQL privilege system doesn't seem to have any row-level restrictions. For example, I want customers to see information from a host table but I only want to see the hosts that have a customer ID matching their customer ID. From what I can see, the privilege system doesn't cater for this. Correct?

Mark
  29. No Profile Picture

security

My ISP dose not allow us to access the the grants table. They give us a user name and password to access the database. My question is how secure is it to use these in my script?? I want to allow people to search the data base but not allow then to change or deleat anything. If I place the password and username in the script and someone manages to see the script they will be able to use it to connect and destroy any information in the database. Please help!
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo