Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: Reply to article

Just what I needed, Short, sweet jump start to OO programming with perl. Cheers mate.
  3. No Profile Picture

Python is easier

I had written many thousands of lines of non-OO code in Perl, but was never able to understand Perl's obfuscated OO syntax and features. Like the man said, "...OOP in Perl is somewhat complex, primarily because the language has a somewhat novel way of doing things." Then I stumbled on Python and I never looked back. Learning Python was easier than learning the OO features of Perl. Looking over this little Perl OO tutorial I'm glad all over again that I switched to Python. Go to www.python.org
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: just what the doctor ordered

w
  7. No Profile Picture

Great job.. is there more?

I enjoyed the tutorial a lot! More please! It was very easy to follow and I was actually able to build my own package!

Excellent!

9. No Profile Picture

Duh

Of course Python is easier at handling objects. It's supposed to be. Python lacks alot that Perl has, but Perl's OO features are a little . . . . novel. So if you're writing code that is essentaily OO, then go Python. If you're using objects to power up programs that seem perfect for the Perl modality then stick with perl
  11. No Profile Picture

Pronunciation

I liked the style and the content, the major stumbling block for me is "How do I read this stuff?"
    I guess it doesn't really matter but it would be so useful to have a handle for "::" and also for "->", I find it difficult to assimilate stuff that I can't pronounce as I read it.
    Maybe it's just me...
  13. No Profile Picture
  15. No Profile Picture
  17. No Profile Picture

humor?

The terminology "anonymous array" I don't think is intended to be humorous. As the author points out, the array really doesn't have a name. Calling it anonymous isn't even figurative. It's just correct.
  19. No Profile Picture

best article I ever saw on the subject

very, very helpful article, much better written, than every book I have read about the subject. Thanks a lot
  21. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Object-Oriented Programming In Perl (part 1)

Object-Oriented Programming In Perl \(part 1\)

Perl OOP can sometimes be a little confusing, especially for the inexperienced newbie. The first of a two-part article, this tutorial attempts to simplify things with a light-hearted look at some basic OO concepts in Perl. Play nice, and you might even get your very own Easter bunny! Click for full article.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo