1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hmm, nothing is working :(

ive tried all those simple scripts with forms, but none seems to work.. when i fill something in like that simple name form, there is no output. i simply see that:"
    I wonder if you've heard of Shakespeare, .
    He postulated that a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

What do you think? ". And when i do that 'fortune cookie generator' then the output is the one i get from the last 'else'. So whatever day i use i always get: "Sorry, closed on the weekend". I'm using php4, iis 5.0, win2k.. i really dont have a clue whuts wrong :( (i'm sure php4 is installed right, maybe another windoze bug?)
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: hmm, nothing is working :(

I don't think it is windoze. I am using Redhat 6.2 and mine are not working either. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. No Profile Picture

figured it out myself. I didn't have .php4 in the httpd.conf file. This brings up the question of whether to use php4 or php as the extension.
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: try this:

Change *.php4 into *.php3
    login.php4 -> login.php3
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: try this:

i did that.. though i changed it to *.php coz i use that extension.. i tried with the *.php4, but no difference :( i really got no clue whut to do.. maybe i should try asp instead.. hmm
  11. No Profile Picture

sharing

Could someone tell me how, now that we have a way to customize a page to an individual visitor, to continue to share that info (the name) with progressive pages. In other words, if someone comes to my site and enters his/her name and then gets sent to a page I have customized with their name inserted in the text, how do I then continue through the entire site so that I looks as if the site was customized just for that visitor?
  13. No Profile Picture

same problem on PWS4.0

I'm having the same problem on Win98 w/ PWS4.0.

I'm thinking of registering the php4 extension as well as the php extension.
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: same problem on PWS4.0

I was able get the variables by using
    $HTTP_GET_VARS["var_name"] to read in the variables.

I still can't read them directly using $var_name, but at least I can continue with the tutorials.
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: same problem on PWS4.0

I was having the same problem, but I changed the names of the files to cookie.php instead of cookie.php4 and it worked. Not sure why, though, after all, I am also a beginner.
  19. No Profile Picture

Re: This is great stuff!

Couldn't agree more. The tutorial goes a very slow pace, which is exactly what I need. <br>
    <br>
    Thanks devshed for the great work!
  21. No Profile Picture

In some of the examples, the initial "<?php" is missing the "php". Thus, a lot of the sample code starts the php section with "<?" instead of "<?php".
  23. No Profile Picture

$submit, passing form variables to PHP

My PHP installation appears to be working correctly apart from not being able to get form values into PHP. For example $submit is always false, and any form variables I pass into the script are always blank. Can anyone offer a suggestion?
    <br>
    <br>
    I am using PWS4 on W2K.
  25. No Profile Picture

passing variables using buttons instead of filling out a form

Howdy,
    <br>
    I have a site that has buttons that jump off to various other pages. I would like to do something like the cookie.php4 deal, but is there a way to pass the variable back to the script when the user clicks on one of the buttons? Right now I have a table with the button images that link to the other pages.
    <br>
    <br>
    You can take a look at the layout at http://billboardamerica.com --- right away you will see that this site needs to be scripted, with includes, etc.
    <br>
    <br>
  27. No Profile Picture

Hey guys...

I couldn't get any of the server side scripts working until I changed *.php4 to *.php and all references to php4 in my code to php ... But now everything seems to be working ! Joy !
  29. No Profile Picture

did the same (ie. change .php4 to .php)
    the weird thing is though that it worked fine in the other one where we were shown how to do the include/expect statements..

me looks baffled.

can anyone clear this up once and for all? :)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo