1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: PHP 101 is right

Yes it would be helpfull to a troller/lamer like you.

No it wouldn't be helpfull to someone that supports PHP like me and has to fingure out what the hell you are doing.

<a href="http://www.linuxguruz.org/z.php">

http://www.linuxguruz.org/z.php</a>
  3. No Profile Picture

graffiti.php4

That file is called but I don't see the script for it anywhere?
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: Cookies

why r u talking about cookies? this is a programming discussion so plz stop talking about snacks.

and just 4 the record, i like chocolit chip cookies they r the best.
  7. No Profile Picture

PHP 101

I am an experienced HTML programmer but have very little experience in scripting/programming other than VB4, lol.

This tutorial was absolutely amazing, it has given me enough understanding to convert my business web site to php indexing.

Thanks guys!!!
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: PHP 101 is right

right
  11. No Profile Picture

Apostrophes

When I include a text file that contains apostrophes ('), why does php automatically put a slash (\) infront of it? Is there anyway to fix this?
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: Apostrophes

Use the str_replace function.
  15. No Profile Picture

usernames

Is there any way to get PHP to grab a linux/unix username?
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: Apostrophes

thankyou
  19. No Profile Picture

where's part

it says C U next week in september but there's no follow up!
  21. No Profile Picture

Graffiti.php4 will not work

I am really really frustrated. I have just spent 2 hrs trying everything I can think of to get the graffiti example to work on my server. I've tried the absolute path to graffiti.dat, relative and url. I copied and pasted the whole script into textpad, and uploaded it as graffit.php4. It will not create the file graffiti.dat at all, anywhere. If I make the file myself, it will read it but not write to it, despite the fact the script sets it as a+. I also get errors saying fput() and fclose() are not permitted, basically the whole thing is knackered. If I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, I'll put my hands up, I just feel I've wasted a lot of my valuable time and learnt nothing. Other than that a great set of tuts. Sorry!
  23. No Profile Picture
  25. No Profile Picture

Amazeing...

This is an amazing tutorial. I've learnt a heep and now all my questions have been answered.. wow.. cool... thanks.
  27. No Profile Picture

All in one line???? CONT'D

Hi,
    Newbie here. Great tutorial. I'm tryign to get php to process a simple form, and dump the contents into a .txt file. I can create the form, get the code to open the .txt file, write the data to it, and then close it. I can't seem to get the code to enter a line break in the .txt file, so all my data is placed onto one gianganticly long line. I tried your advice, and set a variable as a line break after the fopne command. The code looked like this;

$fp = fopen ($file,"a,b");
    $break ="<br>"
    fputs($fp,$info,$break);

didn't work. It just stops writing to the .txt file altogether. I tried placing the <br> variable in different places throughout the code too (such as trying to include it with the $info variable). Nothing worked.
    I looked at your suggestion from the 1st "all inone line??? post, and all that code really did was open the file, and enter a line break (it didn't seem to write anything)
    Help!!!!!

http://teachers.altschools.org/jgiambalvo/phptest/t2/hello.php

Thanks,
    John G.

29. No Profile Picture

All in one line???? CONT'D

Hi,
    Newbie here. Great tutorial. I'm tryign to get php to process a simple form, and dump the contents into a .txt file. I can create the form, get the code to open the .txt file, write the data to it, and then close it. I can't seem to get the code to enter a line break in the .txt file, so all my data is placed onto one gianganticly long line. I tried your advice, and set a variable as a line break after the fopne command. The code looked like this;

$fp = fopen ($file,"a,b");
    $break ="<br>"
    fputs($fp,$info,$break);

didn't work. It just stops writing to the .txt file altogether. I tried placing the <br> variable in different places throughout the code too (such as trying to include it with the $info variable). Nothing worked.
    I looked at your suggestion from the 1st "all inone line??? post, and all that code really did was open the file, and enter a line break (it didn't seem to write anything)
    Help!!!!!

http://teachers.altschools.org/jgiambalvo/phptest/t2/hello.php

Thanks,
    John G.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo