1. No Profile Picture
    Ducani
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Risky Business (part 2)

Risky Business \(part 2\)

May 28, 2003 - Now that you've analyzed the risks inherent to your project and come up with a plan to tackle them, it's time to put your risk management plan into practice. In this concluding article, examine the processes of implementing, monitoring and auditing a software risk management plan, together with a case study that demonstrates how it works in the real world. Click for full article.

Please discuss this article in this thread You can read the article here .
  3. junior vice president
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

nice.

The 'Practical Magic' section was the best for me - a clear and logical set of instructions. I guess it's up to the reader to interpret the article in whatever way makes most scense to his/her businesss.

I realised I had no real disaster recovery plan. Yes, my data is quite safe as it's stored off-site, but I have no real plan of what steps to take to get the office back into 'production mode' after something like a catastrophic power faliure.

My business is very small (<$80,000 per annum) and a lot of the precautions covered in Part II would make a severe dent in our cashflow - safety is expensive!

In any event, thank you MelonFire for a great Part II and a hands-on introduction to Risk Management

Anybody looking to read more into the subject: the SEI pages is fantastic place for further reading! (see end of Part II)

Nao
  5. Kiss My Converse!
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Hey Nao - great feedback on the article, thanks for posting it. Hats off to Melonfire on this article for a great followup to Part I.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo