1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: Example

'example CREATE ...
    <br>
    <br>
    It looks like you put the word "example" on the command line, maybe you accidentally pasted it on the line before the "CREATE" line?
    <br>
    <br>
  3. No Profile Picture

test.php3 doesn\'t showup

When I try to see the page test.php3, it comes as a source list rather than just
    \
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: test.php3 doesn\'t showup

Check that you have these entries in your Apache config files:
    <br>
    <br>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    <br>
    <br>
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: It asks me to save the file to disk

I have similar problem. That is whenever I start apache with lynx http://localhost/test.php3
    It asks me whether I want to download or cancel. but if I have same file as test.html
    It opens as expected. I have include
    addtype and other things that are mentioned in the document (web database step-by-step).
    I would appreciate, if any one could help me solve this problem. I have tried four times from scratch with no luck. Everytime, I download required file (apache, mysql, php3).

Thank you.

With best regards
    Dinakar
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: Why PHP and not Perl

It\'s also worth noting that PHP is much faster as an Apache module than the Perl interpreter, and has a smaller footprint than mod_perl.

- Scott
  11. No Profile Picture

Re: lame

Well... just to throw in my two cents worth; I was very happy to have an introductory level course. I have just gotten Apache, MySQL and Php3 all running (after about 6 days of banging my head on the desk I might add (before I found this site!)) and needed a place to get started. This little course was exactly what I needed to answer my "well... now what?" question.
    <br>
    <br>
    Thanks again for all the help!
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: lame

Thanks.. If the pages are helpful to you, you can help us by subscribing to the newsletter, and telling a few friends.

15. No Profile Picture

I have the same exact problem, Please help!
  17. No Profile Picture

apxs:Break

When I run make on php-3.0.11, I get the following error
    <br>
    <br>
    /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -c -o libphp3.so -I. -I. -Wl,'-rpath /usr/local/mysq
    <br>
    l/lib' mod_php3.c libmodphp3-so.a -L/usr/local/lib -
    <br>
    ldb pcrelib/libpcre.a -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -lpam -lm -ldl -lcr
    <br>
    ypt -lnsl -lresolv -Lpcrelib -lpcre
    <br>
    gcc -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -fpic -I/usr/local/apache/include -I. -I. -c mod_ph
    <br>
    p3.c
    <br>
    -shared -L/usr/local/lib -o libphp3.so mod_php3.o libmodphp3-so.a -L/usr/local/
    <br>
    lib -ldb pcrelib/libpcre.a -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -lpam -lm -ldl -
    <br>
    lcrypt -lnsl -lresolv -Lpcrelib -lpcre -rpath /usr/local/mysql/lib
    <br>
    apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680
    <br>
    make: *** [libphp3.so] Error 1
    <br>
    <br>
    Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed?
    <br>
    <br>
    I found one hint on deja.com concerning supplying params to apxs from Makefile but that did not work for me
    <br>
    <br>
    thanks, Larry
  19. No Profile Picture

Access problems

I've succesfully installed MySQL, PHP3 and Apache (with modssl) thank to your tutorial. For which I am very gratefull. Job Well Done!
    <br>
    <br>
    However, I am running into a snag. The test.php3 page works fine but I am getting nowhere with the example database.
    <br>
    I keep the following error:
    <br>
    <br>
    ----
    <br>
    Data from mytable
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this
    <br>
    MySQL server in /www/paul/example/index.php3 on line 16
    <br>
    <br>
    Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host \'localhost\' is not allowed to connect to this
    <br>
    MySQL server in /www/paul/example/index.php3 on line 20
    <br>
    <br>
    Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in
    <br>
    /www/paul/example/index.php3 on line 20
    <br>
    No data.
    <br>
    <br>
    Add new entry
    <br>
    ----
    <br>
    Weird is also that if I run mysql from the shell befoer I try to access from a webbrowser I can get in. Now after I try and access from the web I get this error:
    <br>
    <br>
    ERROR 1130: Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
    <br>
    <br>
    This is on the machine itself. Also mysqladmin won't allow me to change my password. And after webaccess also tells me 'localhost' is not allowed access no more. I can't even stop the database using mysql.server stop.
    <br>
    <br>
    I'm running FreeBSD 3.1 with Apache 1.3.6 and mysql Ver 9.29 Distrib 3.22.16a-gamma, for unknown-freebsd3.1 (i386)
    <br>
    <br>
    Any suggestions?
    <br>
    <br>
    Thanks
    <br>
    <br>
    Paul
  21. No Profile Picture

Password for web user?

Based on my very light experience with mySQL and PHP so far (and let me add that this stuff is slicker than snot) I've figured out how to let web users create their own site accounts with passwords and other pertinent information. My question is this: how would I go about maintaining state for an authenticated user across several web pages, without passing along a plain-string password in the CGI string?
    <br>
    I obviously want to keep user accounts secure, and transmitting an unencrypted password is obviously a bad idea.
    <br>
    <br>
    Thanks!
    <br>
    -- Dave
  23. No Profile Picture

Re: Error 1064

i am having the same error
    im useing mySQL version 3.21.29
  25. No Profile Picture

Well you can add me to the list of people saying me too, I have this problem. I found the following excerpt at:
    <br>
    <br>
    http://www.php.net/FAQ.php3
    <br>
    <br>
    4.8 I have followed all the steps to install the Apache module version on UNIX, and my PHP scripts show up in my browser or I am being asked to save the file. Help!
    <br>
    This means that the PHP module is not getting invoked for some reason. Three things to check before asking for further help:
    <br>
    <br>
    Make sure that the httpd binary you are running is the actual new httpd binary you just built. To do this, try running: /path/to/binary/httpd -l
    <br>
    If you don\'t see mod_php3.c listed then you are not running the right binary. Find and install the correct binary.
    <br>
    Make sure you have added the correct Mime Type to one of your Apache .conf files. It should be: AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    <br>
    Also make sure that this AddType line is not hidden away inside a <Virtualhost> or <Directory> block which would prevent it from applying to the location of your test script.
    <br>
    Finally, the default location of the Apache configuration files changed between Apache 1.2 and Apache 1.3. You should check to make sure that the configuration file you are adding the AddType line to is actually being read. You can put an obvious syntax error into your httpd.conf file or some other obvious change that will tell you if the file is being read corre ctly.
    <br>
    <br>
    I failed this checklist at stage one. I will attempt to "Find or install the right binary." Please let me know if anyone fixes this and how you did it.
    <br>
    Steve-O
  27. No Profile Picture

Re: apxs:Break

I get the same error. If I follow the install instructions at the php site it works, however PHP is not created as a module as I would like.

Did you find a resolution to the problem?

I\'m running redhat 5.2, apache 1.3.6 and php 3.0.7 (same error occurs on 3.0.8,9,12 as well).

29. No Profile Picture

mysql($dbname,$query);

My website is currently running on php and msql 1.0. I am now converting to mysql, following statment is giving an error.

show.phtml: Unable to connect to mySQL socket (Access denied) on line 15
    $result=mysql($dbname,$query);

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo