1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: Help with apache

Here's that URL:

http://www.e-gineer.com/instructions/starting-and-stopping-apache-automatically-on-redhat.phtml
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: Very nice product!

I also like its ease of use, but for some reason, I am unable to access webmin from another location (versus my own network).
  5. No Profile Picture

You have to add the IP you will be accessing it from to the list of allowed hosts. I forget where it is exactly but if you have used it already then you probably know where it is.
  7. No Profile Picture

Tried that and also all allowed and it didn't work. It seems that I can only access via my local network.
  9. No Profile Picture

Is the machine on the inside of your LAN? If so, how are you assigning the IP's?
  11. No Profile Picture

No, the machine that webmin resides on is on the server that is accessable from the world. Webmin was set up to allow from all addresses, but I changed it to allow from all address. It is also set up to listen to all addresses on the default port.

The machine is set up for ip masq and I can access webmin from the machines that are set up under it with no problem. For some reason, I can not gain access (don't get the pop up window) from my machine at work, which sits behind a firewall.

I am tempted to have someone try it from a different site to see if that works. If interested, just give me your IP address so I can add it to my allowed ip address and the time that you would check.

thanks
  13. No Profile Picture

Huh, that's odd. I wish I could tell you what to do about it but I can't, sorry. I don't know enough about it. Good luck though.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think you will find that your problem is not with your webmin machine but the fact that your work machine is behind a firewall. If you happen to be friends with the sysadmin you may wish to ask if he can set up masqurading for the port that webmin runs on.

Hope this helps.
    David
  17. No Profile Picture

Actually it is my server that I have set up so it would be me performing the changes. I have masqurading setup, but guess I don't know what I would have to do. Doesn't masq just affect the machines that are behind the firewall and not the firewall machine itself. Wondering as the firewall machine is the one that I want to connect to with webmin.

thanks
  19. No Profile Picture

quick thought???

"An operating system is a living, breathing software entity. The soul of the computing machine, it is the nervous system that turns electrons and silicon into a personality. It brings life to the computer." - from Mike Gancarz's "The UNIX Philosophy"
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    is it sucure enough???
  21. No Profile Picture
    jeps
  23. No Profile Picture

Sorry, but can Webmin setup...

Can webmin setup multiple domains on the SAME IP so that it is not IP-based virtual host? How? Thanks very much
  25. No Profile Picture

Re: Sorry, but can Webmin setup...

you have to set the "NameVirtualHost" directive. prior to 0.79, it could be set on the "Networking and Addresses" page next to the title "Addresses for name virtual servers". under 0.79, i can't find this option anymore. it'd probably be much easier to just open up the httpd.conf file, find the one line, and configure it by hand.

outside of figuring out how to set this one directive, it is extremely easy to set up virtual hosts. all you have to do is fill in the form at the bottom of the page (address, port, document root, server name) and it will create the virtual host. then you can go in and custom set just about any directive for the specific virtual host.
  27. No Profile Picture

if you'd like for me to take a look at it, email me direct -> spambot@adams.edu (yes, it does actually go to a mailbox) and i'll look at it tomorrow (5-18) normal business hours. my machine is 192.156.134.77 -- thing.adams.edu. you should be able to simply create a new webmin account for me, but not give me access to any modules. if i can log in and bring up the front page, it is your firewall at work. if not, it is probably your ipchains rules.

just send me a username/password and a valid email address to reply to, and i'll look at it.
  29. No Profile Picture

Re: SSL

Nice idea.
    How do one do that ?

Especially since I don't have the obsolete version of OpenSSL which is required to install the perl module.
    I have the latest OpenSSL, and perl module didn't recognize it, therefore install didn't complete.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo