1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks!

Thanks for the template articles. If you ever have time and interest in comparing PHP templating options, I for one would be grateful.
  3. No Profile Picture

Great! Now, next would be...

...to start using patTemplates a bit, so that I get more familiar with it, and don't forget most of what I've read. :)

I've read both parts two times, and I hope it's stuck in my memory...

By the way, I recommend printing out the pdf versions of the article. Even if your'e sitting with a lcd screen, it's much more comfortable reading it on sheets in your couch with soft & warm music in the background... :p

Thanks again! I've read both your CSS article and this about patTemplates, and I think it's great that you can combine useful knowledge and good teaching, with humour. It makes it a bit less boring, and therefore more fun to learn!

Oh, and, I'm currently developing a game site, such as gamespot.com. Would you recommend using patTemplates then? I, myself believe it may be a little complicated using patTemplates on such a large project. Also, I'm both the designer and programmer, so seperating code and layout is not so important.
    Dunno, what do you think?

Mvh,
    Joachim
  5. No Profile Picture

Joachim's questions

its always important to seperate the design code from the interface (layout) code. also, remember this template system is designed to break large complex things into simpler managable chunks, so it may actually help to use them.

Thoughts from beyond the fringe
  7. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Template-Based Web Development With patTemplate (part 2)

Template-Based Web Development With patTemplate \(part 2\)

Got the basics down? Well, here's the advanced course - this article demonstrates some of patTemplate's more sophisticated features, including the ability to dynamically show or hide templates, inherit variables, use loops and conditional branches, and create dynamic, template-based forms and error handlers.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
  9. No Profile Picture
    Ducani
    If you would like to see an article covering a particular topic, please post your request here.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo