Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FrontPage2000 & MySQL

Help, please...
    <br>
    <br>
    Can anyone explain briefly how I, a novice in MySQL, can set up an HTML page in FrontPage2000 which allows me to update a database using forms? I tried the above script, but for some reason, it's giving me a hard time. If someone has created a page which works, I would appreciate if you can let me take a look at your source (HTML) code. Also, how do I upload a demo.txt file using the command [LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "demo.text" INTO TABLE database;]? I created a demo.txt with my data, but the file is not uploading. Thanks for any help.
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: newbie problems

A little clip from /usr/doc/php-3.0.12/INSTALL.REDHAT on my RH 6.1 system:

You will also need the PHP tarball. The PHP rpm available from RedHat is
    ok if you don't need database support or any of the other PHP add-ons. If
    you do need to add your own set of features, download the latest PHP tarball
    and follow the steps below:

Apparently, they don't compile in DB support, so you must do it yourself... annoying, but more secure, I guess.

Oh well.
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: newbie problems

same for me
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: FrontPage2000 & MySQL

Hey... I can hook you up... email me...

9. No Profile Picture

Hey Ripper, you didn't leave your Email. Please contact me at the above Email address. Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture

Ummm... I dont see one...haha... mine is ripper@s-series.org
  13. No Profile Picture

Can anyone send me Frontpage 2000? I really need it...
    Thankies
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: ERROR 2000

It is indeed an error in this little tutorial. The example is stating the same text as Arthur mentioned.
    Maybe webmasters can edit it ? It can give a lot of trouble to newbies like me :)
  17. No Profile Picture

insert values where clause help!!!!!

getting a parse error on this mysqlstatement is it in the wrong place or a comma quote bracket thing seems fine wothout the from-where clauses but i need to perform some validation

<!-- Code -->
    <p><pre><font color=#008000><xmp>$result = mysql_query ("INSERT INTO jobs (Account, jobcost, PickupFrom, YourName, Address, City,
    County, Country, Zip_postcode, Instructions, Tel_No, Deliverto, Nameto, Addressto, Cityto, Countyto, COUNTRYto, Zip_postcodeto,
    Instructionsto, TelNoto)
    VALUES ('$Account', '$jobcost',
    '$PickupFrom', '$YourName', '$Address', '$City', '$County',
    '$Country', '$Zip_postcode', '$Instructions', '$Tel_No',
    '$Deliverto', '$Nameto', '$Addressto', '$Cityto', '$Countyto',
    '$COUNTRYto', '$Zip_postcodeto', '$Instructionsto', '$TelNoto')
    FROM customer,jobs
    WHERE '$Account' Like customer.Account");
    </xmp></font></pre><p>
    <!-- Code -->

19. No Profile Picture

Re: permissions of 777?!?!

i think that is the only way it works... becuase i have tried setting permission
    776, the files can be executed on the directory and it doesnt work..

doesnt anyone knoe how to make it work?
  21. No Profile Picture

Re: hmm!

Personally I thought it was pretty useful. I've been using PHP and MySql for a month or two now, and was having trouble with uploading files in forms, sorted now ;)

Ta Will (btw your site has broken links..)
  23. No Profile Picture

day 1 of mysql & php3

I have set up the form to upload data into my db as describe in the tutorial. The form process it self seem to be working properly. The data that I uploaded is diplayed but when I query the db the table is empty.
  25. No Profile Picture

Re: image on DB vs. filesys.

Okay.. first a few things....
    The performance depends on the DBMS. Minimally your blob is stored as X+Data bytes where X can be 1,2,4,8. X is the lengh of the data. Therefore it costs the same to seek() for a 1 meg file as a 1 byte file because a seek() is a seek() is a seek()
    So loosely speaking, that doesn't matter.

The limit as asked above, is on the strage size of the blob, a 4 byte length is sufficient for a 4 gig file (2^32 bytes)

However there are a couple other advantages to each method:
    In the DB you do not need a unique filename, since you should already have another primary key for the tuple.

As files, you can easily download and modify (crop/rescale, etc) and re-upload.

My question is what is the algorithm for a unique filename? normally it could be a hash of the primary key, but, worst case there could be a couple sessions going per second... ideas?

27. No Profile Picture

Re: day 1 of mysql & php3

I have precisely the same problem - mysqld is running - password is correct - I can draw down data from queries in php, but I cannot upload data !

I do have to go online all the time, despite my files being held on Localhost, however, any suggestions would be appreciated.
  29. No Profile Picture

Re: day 1 of mysql & php3

Hello, Alan

I found that the my problem was related to the way the information was being submited to mysql. It was time consuming, but what I did was start with 1 colum and created a form for that colum and so on until I was able to upload all of the information. By doing this I was able to validate that the msql script was login in correctly and that the information being enter was in the correct format. I aslo used the logon script in the mysql and php tutorial located at: http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/
    PHP/DB_Basics/page2.html
    Another note: Make sure that the
    name=" " tag in your form is the same as it is in the INSERT INTO and VALUES tag lines.
    Post the scipt that you are using,

I mght be able to help further

I hope that I was some help being that am fairly new to php3 and mysql myself

Good luck
    Roger
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo