1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

But you can use...

Since you have to install XML::Parser anyway, you might as well use XML::Simple (a nice wrapper for XML::Parser) that will parse the whole thing and return back a hash ref of all the data. That would cut this document down to 1 page of formatting it html.

This should have at least mentioned XML::Simple or it should have done the parsing manually (using regex's).
  3. No Profile Picture
  5. No Profile Picture

Excellent

I have a server side perlapplication that is interacting with an ASP via HTTPS and an XML payload. I need a parser to interpret the XML response. I was not sure if I was going to use DOM or SAX. After reading this article, I am going to give SAX a shot this afternoon.

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
  9. No Profile Picture
  11. No Profile Picture
  13. No Profile Picture

For a Beginner

This was a great article. It was exactly what I was looking for. I'm brand new to Perl and XML. This article provided very good information on getting started.
    I would like to see more information on using perl to parse XML documents to PDF format if that is at all possible. (i've heard of AxPoint)
  15. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Using Perl with XML (part 1)

Using Perl with XML \(part 1\)

Converted your little black book into XML, and don't know what to do next? This article gets you started on the path to being an XML guru, demonstrating how to use Perl's SAX parser to parse and convert your XML into Web-friendly HTML. Click for full article.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo