1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

installing DOM module

I'm using windoze and activestate perl and i'm having trouble installing the module/running the code. I grabbed XML-DOM-1.36.tar.gz from cpan and saved dom.pm to C:\Perl\lib\XML. The compiler complained that i needed regexp.pm so i grabbed XML-RegExp-0.03.tar.gz. and put it in same place. Then compiler complained that my version of parser was old, so i grabbed this: XML-Parser.2.30.tar.gz and put it in same place. Now it says "Parser.pm and Expat.pm versions don't match". So i grabbed XML-SAX-Expat-0.30.tar.gz and put it in same place also. Same thing. Can someone tell me the correct way to install these modules or point me to one download ?
  3. No Profile Picture
  5. No Profile Picture
  7. No Profile Picture
  9. No Profile Picture

Continue! How do we use XSL and XML-schemas with Perl

Great articles! It was good to see some more realtistic examples than I have seen thusfar.

One of the attractions to XML (for me) is XML schema and XSL. Coupled with XML, it would be great to be able to truly abstract out the many application aspects (flow control, data integrity, data relations, content structure, language context) and so forth.

Unfortunately, as of yet, I have not seen how we can use XSL to get the HTML out of the code -- using Perl, of course! Nor have I seen how to use XML schema to ensure data intregity is met (as an aside, it would be a great way to generate forms to enter data using web-forms or Tk).

I do hope you continue in the series. Very well written.

Thanks!
    Ward
  11. No Profile Picture

Worth reading

Good job! post more please.
  13. No Profile Picture

[no subject]

15. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Using Perl With XML (part 2)

Using Perl With XML \(part 2\)

They say there's more than one way to skin a cat - and that's twice as true when you're a Perl developer. In this concluding article on XML parsing with Perl, find out how the XML:OM package provides an alternative technique for manipulating XML elements and attributes, and compare the two approaches to see which one works best for you. Click for full article.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo