Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re: HTML in XML??

I use the xml_set_processing_instruction_handler call to include HTML in my XML file
    <br />
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: So I've finally found the discription in French

iam not able to get output usin dom parser any body can help me please.preferable in english
  5. No Profile Picture

iam not able to get output usin dom parser any body can help me please.preferable in english
  7. No Profile Picture

9. No Profile Picture

Solution ? to error in recipe program

I haven't figured out why but the problem seems to be in how the recipe.xml file is formed. The parser thinks it has no root node. I put <cookbook> before <recipe> and </cookbook> after </recipe> and the error goes away. Now the output is a little off but that's another problem.
  11. No Profile Picture

can't use brackets in post

So imagine brackets around these. What I said was that I put a cookbook tag before the recipe tag and an end cookbook tag after the end recipe tag and that fixed the error.
  13. No Profile Picture

a

a
  15. No Profile Picture

Can't compile libxml on OS X? This might help.

In trying to recompile php with the --with-dom attribute, I found that I had to install libxml2, which I tried doing.

That's when I hit a wall because I was getting errors compiling libxml2.

Thankfully, I wasn't alone. Here's a post I found that details the exact same problem I had. And a hack around it:

http://archive.davin.ottawa.on.ca/axdtk/2001-11/msg00108.phtml
  17. No Profile Picture

Can't compile libxml on OS X? This might help.

In trying to recompile php with the --with-dom attribute, I found that I had to install libxml2, which I tried doing.

That's when I hit a wall because I was getting errors compiling libxml2.

Thankfully, I wasn't alone. Here's a post I found that details the exact same problem I had. And a hack around it:

http://archive.davin.ottawa.on.ca/axdtk/2001-11/msg00108.phtml
  19. No Profile Picture
  21. No Profile Picture
  23. No Profile Picture

caching xml data

I'm relatively new to php and very new to XML, but I was able to follow this tutorial and used it to place stock quotes on a web site. The service I use for this allows a limited amount of hits per day and suggested I cached the data coming in for short periods to reduce the number of requests. I'm not sure how to go about that. I'm calling a url for the stock data, and not sure how to cache all the resulting data. Any help? Thanks.
  25. No Profile Picture

caching xml

If you receiving XML data from COM object you should be able to cache the xml string in an Application variable. You could write some simply ASP code to check the date and the time and determine if it should reload the XML string or if it should use the XML string in the Application variable. If your not using the XML string in the APP variable then you should call your component to get the new XML data. caching will speed up your web site for sure and it is a good use of the web servers memory. The overall implementation of caching involves the use of Application variables.

BYE
  27. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Using PHP with XML (part 2)

Using PHP with XML \(part 2\)

PHP offers two methods of parsing an XML document. You've already seen how SAX works; in this article, find out how to use PHP's DOM functions to traverse an XML tree, and also learn about important differences between the two approaches. Read full article .

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo