Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Real life example of Servlets using RMI

I have just written my first Servlet for a commercial project. It is structured exactly like this and does the following:
    <br>
    <br>
    Servlet running on Apache/Jakarta/Tomcat on Redhat 6.2 Pro. RMI Server runs on WindowsNT at a different ISP, the Database is located on this machine also, but I have tested it with the database on another NT box, and this works fine.
    <br>
    <br>
    Early testing would suggest a small query (10 results by 4 columns of contact data) takes approximately 3-4 seconds. This was using DB2 PE on a 56k dialup connection!
    <br>
    <br>
    The servlet outputs WML or HTML dependent on a parameter passed through the form, thus making the same data available to web browsers and wap browsers without requiring any additional code or 2 servlets.
    <br>
    <br>
    I will post another message including the URL once I have the Servlet up and running if anyone is interested to see it in action.
    <br>
    <br>
    With regard to performance of RMI, I have not experience too much trouble, but I am told that if you go much above 40 simultaneous RMI sessions on Windows NT, bad things happen, can anyone confirm this?
    <br>
    <br>
    Regards,
    <br>
    <br>
    Mark
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: EJB

Can any one help me in deploying the EJB in Apache Jserv.

Thanx in Advance

from
    Amjad
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: EJB

sir,
    i need some details about ejb.send mail information about ejb.
    thanku
    chandoo
  7. No Profile Picture

RMI server

Hi!
    I like this article but Im missing one important thing. A servlet machine - in this case JServ is a stable server. But what about the RMI server? How can it be automatacally restarted? How to update code without stopping the RMI server? I guess what am locking for is a "RMI application server". It might be possibly to use the Jserv for that too?
    Happy for answers!
    Merry Xmas
    /Hans
  9. No Profile Picture
  11. No Profile Picture
  13. No Profile Picture

need help on rmijdbc in servlets

sir i got some problem with my servlet program in thati am trying to connect rmiserver using rmijdbc connector
    i am getting error while running the servlet program
    like given below
    Error : Contact IntranetAdminjava.lang.NullPointerException
    i hope you will send a example and relavent insruction
    thank you
  15. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Using RMI with Apache Jserv

Using RMI with Apache Jserv

January 21, 2000 - One of the greatest advantages which Jserv brings to Apache is ability to leverage the large number of API's available to Java. Remote Method Invocation (RMI) delivers several significant benefits to the servlet solution. The primary benefit of using RMI with servlets is that it significantly expands the variety of datasources which Apache can serve to the browser. Furthermore, RMI's simplifies code on the client side of the RMI connection (the servlet), and also allows for load distribution.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo