1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

equivalent functionality in php

Is there equivalent functionality in php?
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: equivalent functionality in php

There is... However PHP (at least the best that I understand it) is a web based language that runs inside the Apache server. It does not really make sense to build a bot in PHP.
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: Re: equivalent functionality in php

PHP can be compiled as a standalone executible. In fact, if you do not compile against an apache source tree, it does this by default. The resulting binary can be used to run PHP in cgi-mode, like older perl, or if you are a die hard php fanatic, you can ln -s it to /bin/bash ;-)

Seriously, it's very useful for cron programs and standalone stuff where a nice glue language is needed.

-bryan
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: Re: Re: equivalent functionality in php OR python is good for this stuff too

I have done similar stuff in PHP (standalone interpreter) and it was fine for my needs. I switched to python as my colection of bots and stuff became more complex, but PHP was quick and easy at the time because that was what I new best. As I become more cluefull about python, it seems prety easy too.
  9. No Profile Picture

Web Mining with Perl

Web Mining with Perl I think this article is great! It took me a little time to figure out the depth and count that I needed, but within 20 mins I had the data I was looking for. Great Article!!! You can read the article here .
  11. No Profile Picture

Great but one question

I thought the article was great - really helpful - but I have one question.. I did everything for extracting a table and it worked fine - I even got it to include html tags - but the the domain that gets inputed into the A Ref tag is my own instead of the web site I am getting the A Ref from - why is that and how can I fix it?

thanks.

.M
  13. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Web Mining with Perl

Web Mining with Perl

March 05, 2002 - It is common knowledge that the Internet is a great data source. It is also common knowledge that it is difficult to get the information you want in the format you need. No longer. Click for full article.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo