Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

mod_jk vs mod_jserv

Hi

I remember my frustration when i had to get tomcat with apache up and running, so great to see this article to help others!

But i used mod_jk, i kind of got the feeling that is was the newest and the one recomended by the jakatar project, but i still see a lot of people using mod_jserv??

Can someone enlighten me ?

Regards Emil
  3. No Profile Picture

EJB?

Seems straight forward, however, what about including support for EJB as well?
  5. No Profile Picture

can't install jserv

I tried installing jserv but failed each time it asks for the 'jsdk.jar' file. I installed 'j2sdk-1_3_0_02-win.exe' on WIN98 into c:\jdk. I am able to run both Apache and Tomcat.

Any suggestions?
  7. No Profile Picture

logging errors

Excellent article! I can't even begin to tell you how long I've been trying to get jsp on my FreeBSD 4.2-S box.

I'm getting the following errors while trying to start httpd:
    JServ: Error setting defaults: ApJServLogFile: file '/usr/local/./logs/mod_jserv.log' can't be opened

I can do a one time fix of this by putting the following line in my tomcat-apache.conf:
    ApJServLogFile /var/log/mod_jserv.log

But then, it would appear that tomcat-apache.conf is built dynamically as this line disappears the next time I try to start httpd.

Anyone else experience this?
  9. No Profile Picture

jsdk.jar found!!!

I finally was able to install JServ after downloading the correct JSDK installer. After installing Java 2 SDK 1.3.0_02, I also had to install Java Servlet Development Kit 2.0 to get the jsdk.jar file which JServ requires before finishing the installation process. You can get the JSDK2.0 installer at http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/archive.html

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into the JServ install problem.
  11. No Profile Picture

Re: mod_jk vs mod_jserv

Yes you are correct. I'm no expert but mod_jk is supposed to replace mod_jserv. I actually found the installation process to be simpler when using mod_jk (less trouble).
  13. No Profile Picture

Set env variables

I encountered problem with environment space
    "Out of environment space" but you don't need to add them to your C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT startup file, you just have to install a great utility that creates var and starts tomcat.
    You'll find it at :
    http://www.geocities.com/jdrudnicki/
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: jsdk.jar found!!!

Use the cusom install and install the module only. Then you don't need the jsdk.jar, and it won't ask for it.
  17. No Profile Picture

404 errors

i did just like the tutorial said for windows2000.
    except the tutorioal forgot to mention that you should get that dll file from the tomcat site since it doesnt come with the zipfile(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/bin/win32/i386/ApacheModuleJServ.dll).

everythings seems to work fine now, that is, tomcat works(examples work), apache works(says its running tomcat) but whenever i point apache to a .jsp file it gives me a 404 error (tomcat says:" Ctx( ): 404 R( + /test.jsp + null) JSP file not found").
    when i rename my jsp file to .htm apache has no trouble locating the file......???
    whats deees?
  19. No Profile Picture

Slapping together a JSP Development

I spent many hours like you trying to configure Apache, Tomcat, and Iplanet. Life could have been better if Sun had put out a document with step by step for NT and another one for Unix. Thanks very much for this document!

21. No Profile Picture

Re: mod_jk vs mod_jserv

Can someone supply me with documentation on how to setup mod_jk rather than mod_jserv on Windows 98
  23. No Profile Picture

mod_jk installation on Windows 95/98

Can someone supply me with documentation on how to setup mod_jk rather than mod_jserv on Windows 98

25. No Profile Picture

Re: 404 errors

ok,
    i just found out it DOES work after all.
    the file not found error only aplies for .jsp files placed directly in the htdocs dir (=webroot), if i place my file in the examples dir apache executes it without a problem.
    but why is this, do you have to specify .jsp handlers for every dir specificaly, if so, how?

one more thing,
    i just realised that i never even installed the jserv package since it kept on nagging about not being able to find some .jar file , however, all seems to be working fine without it....?
    i friend of mine didnt install it either and it also seems to works for him just fine.
    i guess not installing the jserv package will make me run into trouble somewhere along the way, si/no?
  27. No Profile Picture

Re: EJB?

Heh... I'm going that right now... I'll try and post when I've managed it ;)
  29. No Profile Picture

changing servlet directory

AAAAAAAH.

Anyone know how to change the servlet directory from /servlet/ to something else. I'm using tomcat with apache on a linux system. Every time I change the mod_jk.conf-auto file it changes back to load the servlets in the servlet directory. Anyone have any clue how to change this?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo