Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The last?? Snif !

How about JSP files part 9 on architectural considerations. Like when and how to use beans, EJBs and servlets together with the JSP??

3. No Profile Picture

Re: The last?? Snif !

I Second the notion! Let's see a little on the Model View Controller architecture for java beans, jsps, and servlets.
  5. No Profile Picture

compile errors

Anyway to catch compile errors in the same way like php or do you just have to have a special compiler for jsps like forte?
  7. No Profile Picture

<p>I agree. I think one of the most attractive things about the JSP/Servlet architecture is it's ability to provide clean, well-seperated designs, so more coverage on how to design an application with these technologies would be very cool. Perhaps a longish article covering one example the whole way through that shows something like a really simplistic bank account or something.</p>
  9. No Profile Picture

Jserv7 UseBean

I like the articles so far, however, you should specifically point out that the UseBean, SetProperty and GetProperty tags for JavaBeans are XML compliant tags, hence the closing hashs. This is because we can concurrently initialize bean properties from the .xml file in the bean package as well.
    Most non-programmer web dev's are not yet familiar with the intricacies of xhtml compliant tags. Just a thought.

More Power and keep em coming! -E-
  11. No Profile Picture

Re: compile errors

Ryan, If your web server is set up to run .jsp's, than the pages are compiled as part of the package. (On Apache, this is usually the Tomcat engine.) The JSP engine in use is really a servlet implementation, set just to compile and run .jsp pages, and hence upcasts the Throwable object of the java.util package just like everything else in java seems to (after all, exceptions are built into java and are not ignorable).

Hope this helps ;)

-E-
  13. No Profile Picture

Well, I agree, the momentum is in place, run with it, right?

The MVC architorture in .jsp is really to implement a Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) so that the (vendor-supplied) container of the EJB implements all the trivial tasks.

There is a good tutorial .pdf at jguru.com (also available at Sun's java site..) which has several examples on .jsp and EJB use. Also having a simple banking implementation. So I'm not sure if they wanna follow suit on that, but maybe something more realistic for web use...

How about how to use .jsp's to talk with Jini-enabled devices, or output WML or XML. Lets go for broke!

-E-
  15. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Can you give provide the urls to those tutorials? Thank you!!

-- Rodney
  17. No Profile Picture

Where do I place the bean???

Hi!! I have been through the 7 part tutorials thoroughly and it has helped me a lot in terms of understanding JSP's. (Much better than any book that I have read). I only have one problem with the last part i.e. using a bean. I downloaded the Temperature.class file and I am not sure which directory to place the class file in. Because the JSP on execution gives an error "Unable to compile class for JSPF:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples\_0002fdevshed_0002ftemperature_0002ejsptemperature_jsp_0 .java:63: Class devshed.Temperature not found."
  19. No Profile Picture

Which directory do I place the Temperature.class ??

Hi!! I have been through the 7 part tutorials thoroughly and it has helped me a lot in terms of understanding JSP's. (Much better than any book that I have read). I only have one problem with the last part i.e. using a bean. I downloaded the Temperature.class file and I am not sure which directory to place the class file in. Because the JSP on execution gives an error "Unable to compile class for JSPF:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples\_0002fdevshed_0002ftemperature_0002ejsptemperature_jsp_0 .java:63: Class devshed.Temperature not found."
  21. No Profile Picture

nice tutorial

though i couldn't get a few things to work, i learned a lot from the article & examples.
    great job. keep 'em coming.

-hari
  23. No Profile Picture

Re: Where do I place the bean???

you can put in :
    "D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\root2\WEB-INF\classes\" directory.

substitute "D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1" with your own root & tomcat home dir.
  25. No Profile Picture

Re: Where do I place the bean???

well that doesn't work for me..
    [root@local jsp]# locate Temperature.class
    /usr/src/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/classes/Temperature.classt
    Internal Servlet Error:
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP/usr/src/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/work/localhost_8080%2Fexamples/_0002fjsp_0002ftmp_0002ejsptmp_jsp_1.java:63: Class jsp.Temperature not found.
    Temperature c = null;
    Any clues there? jsp.Temperature, does that mean it should be in a jsp subdir?
    Also it sez it cannot compile class, but it's already there..
    And oh yes, very informative, the JSP Files series, ta!

>you can put in :
    "D:jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1webappsroot2WEB-INFclasses" directory.

>substitute "D:jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1" with your own root & tomcat home dir.
  27. No Profile Picture
  29. No Profile Picture
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo