1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AWstats doesn’t work.

I’m trying to get AWstats up and running on a 2003 server running IIS and I have it up to the point of running the first manual log analysis from the command line. It runs and produces the return that the instructions say I should get.

I then try to run the update from the browser. I have the “AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser” parameter set to “1” in the config file.. According to the documentation there should be a button to “Update now”. There is no button and at the top of the page it says “Last Update: Never updated (See ‘Build/Update’ on awstats_setup.html page)”

Another thing I’m seeing is at the bottom of the browser page where it shows stats for things like “Robots / Spiders visitors (Top 10) there are links for “Full list”, “Last visit” etc. None of these links work. Getting error “Cannot find ‘file:///C:/cgi-bin/awstats.mysite.allrobots.html’. Make sure path or internet address is correct”. Well true enough that file doesn’t exist in that location.

Is there something I’m missing? I have followed the setup instructions, placed folders where it said to place them etc. It looks to me as though there some significantly important details not included in the instructions.

Does anyone have any experience with AWstats on IIS. Can any one point me in the right direction for a better explanation on setting up and configuring this to work on IIS?

Thank you for any help ya’ll might be able to offer.
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

ronc,

Just checking in, see if you were able to get the issue solved or not.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo