1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question browser automation tool

I am trying to find one that does a simple thing, but I'm finding zip.

the background is that I have an update form that calculates a number for every object, you fill in a looong form, it calcualtes and submits it to a database. now since these numbers are stored in the database if I want to change the calculation, I would need to go through all the objects, one by one retrieve the form, that is populated by javascript, fill in a password, hit the update button so that the number is calculated and sent in...

now I could have done this with a user defined function in the database.. but my hosting doesnt allow that (you have to compile it on unix and set up the database etc) so I went with javascript on the form, besides you can see the number before it is sent so you may see if there is any error.

so now I have to find a browser automation tool that can do this. Im finding nothing. I just found one, but it doesnt allow the form page to be itaerated like what I want is to retrieve

www.domain.com/myupdateform?id=X

so I need it to say iterate over x = 1 to 100

do you know of any software doing this? or do you have a script? it should support javascript, it should support url iteration, and POSTing in forms.. thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Heh, I think I made it... without any program, I wrote it myself

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo