1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question credit card advice

I do the website for a non-profit based in Ireland and we're thinking of adding some sort of very low-key e-commerce system to the site so people can join up or order books online.
    I don't think we'd even need a shopping cart system as we don't expect to get many complicated orders. I was wondering if there's anything out there that can handle credit card transactions for us and seems fairly reliable, and preferably works on commission rather than a monthly fee. I looked into Paypal but I've heard so many nightmarish stories about it that I'm hesitant to use it. Any other ideas? Many thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Texan at Heart
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The reason you hear so many - is that they are big. The bigger they are - the more customers - the more problems. I would suggest starting with Paypal first. They are easy to implement. Once it gets going - check into a third party processor. Their discount rates are a bit higher but most do not have a monthly service charge. A true merchant account will cost a couple of hundred dollars to set up & cost abut $40 a month to maintain.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo