1. Kage Bunshin
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Custom Shopping Cart

I am looking for free shopping cart software, preferably open source. I am helping a friend setup a website which sells custom coffee blends. It has to be secure, customizable, and easy to maintain (they aren't very technical). Normally this wouldn't be very complicated, but all of the blends are created by the user at the time of purchase, so I will need an easy way to add products to the database (an API would be nice). It is also preferable that there be plugins (or standard is fine too) for calculating shipping and payment options. PHP is preferred over Perl or Python.

I don't expect anybody to go digging around for me, but I am hoping that maybe somebody already knows of something that does all of the above and can make a personal recommendation so that I don't have to spend several hours reviewing, installing, and demoing different shopping carts?
    Last edited by tagmanadvance; December 15th, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
    "Java makes impossible things possible, but makes easy things difficult." - Somebody
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by tagmanadvance
    I am looking for free shopping cart software, preferably open source. I am helping a friend setup a website which sells custom coffee blends. It has to be secure, customizable, and easy to maintain (they aren't very technical). Normally this wouldn't be very complicated, but all of the blends are created by the user at the time of purchase, so I will need an easy way to add products to the database (an API would be nice). It is also preferable that there be plugins (or standard is fine too) for calculating shipping and payment options. PHP is preferred over Perl or Python.

I don't expect anybody to go digging around for me, but I am hoping that maybe somebody already knows of something that does all of the above and can make a personal recommendation so that I don't have to spend several hours reviewing, installing, and demoing different shopping carts?
    Try OSCommerce

Comments on this post

• tagmanadvance agrees : Thanks!
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo