1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Development Software for a team + roll up changes to live server

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project with another developer. We are working from our own homes. I'm looking for advice on what software to use so we both can work on the same website at the same time.

We have two web hosts at the moment, one is local to us and another is in USA. The local host is our testing server and the one in USA is going to be our live production server.

I need a tool that allows us to create a site cache which connects to our testing server, make some code, test some code and then roll up the changes to the live site.

We are both using dreamweaver however it seems when I do a change on the testing server, it updates the live server when I don't want it it. I want to test everything first before it goes live.

Anyone got any idea's or advice on how we can approach this?

Thanks,
    LS
    ATOMIC Web Hosting 2006 - 2010
    Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Virtual Private Servers (Request Dedicated/VPS Servers via E-mail)
    E-mail: sales@atomicwebhosting.com Website: http://www.atomicwebhosting.com/

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hey, im not sure exactly what you need, but i might be able to help you, contact me at my msn/email at: sergy100[LOL]netvision.net.il ([LOL] = @)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo