1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ecommerce platform for customisable products

Hi all,

I'm looking for an ecommerce platform that can support very customisable products. The site would need to ask the customer various questions (possibly even asking further questions based on their answers so far) and the cost would be determined by their answers. But it wouldn't be as simple as as different answers having a different cost. For example, customers might be able type in different dimensions, which would need to multiplied together to calculate a volume, then rounded up to an available size to generate a cost.

At the moment I'm thinking that I might need to create a bespoke module for one of Drupal's ecommerce solutions. But are there are any other options I should consider?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Magento Development

Originally Posted by robbm
    Hi all,

I'm looking for an ecommerce platform that can support very customisable products. The site would need to ask the customer various questions (possibly even asking further questions based on their answers so far) and the cost would be determined by their answers. But it wouldn't be as simple as as different answers having a different cost. For example, customers might be able type in different dimensions, which would need to multiplied together to calculate a volume, then rounded up to an available size to generate a cost.

At the moment I'm thinking that I might need to create a bespoke module for one of Drupal's ecommerce solutions. But are there are any other options I should consider?

Thanks.
    I would suggest developing this in Magento Ecommerce and making it more usable. Please view our magento eommerce portfolio at roarsinc . com
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Infinity Suite also would be good for that requirement.
  7. No Profile Picture

Talking Magento and Open Cart

Hi there,

Either Magento eCommerce or Open Cart will service that requirement.

Magento works like magic out of the box, but you will need some training to setup the config and customisable product options.

Open Cart has essentially the same features but is alot simpler and less bulky than Magento.

Great design templates are available for both and you can get up and running pretty quickly.

Magento Go, is an option for a monthly fee to Magento themselves, otherwise go for the community edition if you want to control and host the site yourself.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo