1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Implement Analytics software on a Hotel's WiFi Login page

Hello,
    I am looking to implement an Analytics software on a page similar to pages you see before connecting to a WiFi signal in a hotel. For more clarification, once a user connects to a network, they open up their browser. The first page that opens up would be a Log In page. The user must then click on the “I Accept” button in order to gain access to the internet and is redirected to the hotel homepage.

Would it still be possible to implement an Analytics software on this page even though there is no connection to the internet until the user clicks the connect button?

Thanks for any help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If the user has no connection to the internet you can't have a remotely hosted analytics package like Google Analytics on the page. Nothing stops you from building a local analytics system that is hosted on some internal network page that the user does have access to before they accept the agreement.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the information. Would you know of a local analytics system that I could use?

Would I have to have that system running on an internal server?

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture

Thank you very much. i am also searching this information over internet.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo